Cheif Exec For Tourism

pontiuspilot

I was thinking, a rare and dangerous pursuit I know, that perhaps in the light of recent coments from the cheif exec for tourism, and given that the the DLT look after the museums and there activities. should she not recommend that the archaeological digs that are done on the isle of man should now cease. after all they are simply "GOING OVER OLD GROUND", a practice that she recently frowned upon after all.

Front page of todays IOM Examiner

ISLAND IS A CULTURAL DESERT.

This Isle of Man has been voted bottom in a list of the UKs most Cultural places.

I was thinking, a rare and dangerous pursuit I know, that perhaps in the light of recent coments from the cheif exec for tourism, and given that the the DLT look after the museums and there activities. should she not recommend that the archaeological digs that are done on the isle of man should now cease. after all they are simply "GOING OVER OLD GROUND", a practice that she recently frowned upon after all.

Yes, I'm a bit dissapointed in her namesake for not pushing a bit harder. I would have liked to have gone over that old ground. She is after all a public servant and a lot of people would like to hear their motives and reasoning behind the 'resignation' of the MMCC. Why not come clean and say that is what the DTL wanted and tell us why?

Well I think Tim Glover, the Interviewer, would have rather liked to have touched on Old Ground, you know, for a bit of transparency and openness in the interview. There's no getting around Carol, Tim

CarolOnMandateOldGround.mp3

It's actually a good bit of spin and I thoroughly admire the lady for not being dictated to by some radio hack irrespective of how knowledgeable he is on his subject. ;)

Well I think Tim Glover, the Interviewer, would have rather liked to have touched on Old Ground, you know, for a bit of transparency and openness in the interview. There's no getting around Carol, Tim

It's actually a good bit of spin and I thoroughly admire the lady for not being dictated to by some radio hack irrespective of how knowledgeable he is on his subject. ;)

as a servant of the people is she not accountable to them? if she puts herself in the public arena in this manner she should expect to face the difficult questions about her conduct in public.

Any idiot can plead the 5th amendment!

Archived