[BBC News] Public in favour of saving pier

Newsbot

As mentioned previously, Ramsey appears to be the poorer relation to that of Douglas and what they're doing to Douglas looks good from a tourist point of view :cool: The improved quay and surrounding area looks quite good, but still lacks facilities like the old Summerland had.

Ramsey however, doesn't have enough tourist attractions IMO and yes, they have the park (nice place in the summer), Queens pier (at distance), last stop on the electric railway, Albert Tower, and er.... the lifeboat......and er...... the harbour....... and er......I honestly don't know of anything else touristy apart from the scenic walks.

Hopefully others can think of other things that Ramsey has to offer the tourist industry.

It seems to me that they're the forgotten town, being third largest to Douglas and then Onchan. They need something else for not only the tourists (if they can afford the fare over - different thread), but also the town, young and old alike. If you don't win the lottery Ramsey, then Noorey vie ort! Ramsey :thumbsup:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I honestly don't know of anything else touristy apart from the scenic walks.

Hopefully others can think of other things that Ramsey has to offer the tourist industry. :

YOU GOT THE NEW PRISON DOWN THE ROAD WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT.

I honestly don't know of anything else touristy apart from the scenic walks.

Hopefully others can think of other things that Ramsey has to offer the tourist industry. :

YOU GOT THE NEW PRISON DOWN THE ROAD WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT.

Very true, could get a chain gang out daily to scrub the rail tracks with a toothbrush!

The Grove museum,

Milntown, now being expanded to include cafe etc;

Cafe Rosa not far out of town,

The film studio,

The swimming pool cafe,

The swimming pool itself,

Albert tower,

Working harbour both freight and fishing boats,

Swingbridge,

NO pavement cafes,

No scousers on day trips,

The, soon to be restored, Victorian pier, sixth longest in Europe,

The Mooragh park and prom,

The lifeboat station,

The electric railway,

Two roundabouts,

A set of traffic lights,

Queens prom,

Views of Scotland and Cumbria,

Views of the hills surrounding Ramsey,

No scousers on day trips,

A thriving live music scene.

Seems to be enough for most people that live here. Now how about getting some jobs here so we can stay and not have to go to bloody Douglas for work?

Archived