Gta Iv

K.os Theory

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did about 4 hours last night on it - did a few missions and generally arsed about.

Absolutly stunning game, best crash so far was hitting a concrete block on the flyover bridge on a bike, and sailed all the way over for miles, to then end up in the water - funny stuff.

just finished playing been on a while, few hours anyway

just been doing missions tonight, and still havent got anywhere as such, which is a gd thing as it means theres lots left in the game yet,

stuffed it on the freeway flew out of the car(should ware my seat belt) landed on the off ramp and then rolled of the side on top of a oil tanker, i was dead, but how i laughed,

the more i play it the more in enjoying it,

when i first played it i was a bit dissapointed as of all the hype, but as i play more and more u notice things

that havent been done b4, just little things, bits and bobs, but add them all up and you can really see how far ahead

of other games it is,

think this has set the bench mark again for the next few years,

GTA 5 anyone lol :D

You can get to the other Islands!!!

I hit a ramp in a car near the docks and ended up on the train tracks by accident. Just drove the car round looking for an exit off but you get stuck on the tracks. Anyway started heading over the bridge and there are no road blocks obviously. as soon as you cross the water though you get 6 stars!!! But they cant get you on the train tracks, so drove to a subway station got out of the car and headed up stairs to the streets....

I reckon I lasted 4 seconds before I was mown down, guns blazing.... but I managed to catch a quick look....dead. :)

i'm lovin the online modes, ended up in a prison based deathmatch last nite, no guns just melee weapons all was going well until someone hopped over the prison wall, nicked a helicopter and dominated the game with machine gun fire from above. I can't see this getting boring for a long long time!

Finally got it yesterday! Yay! I was at a track day all day though so couldn't play it much, stayed up late though to play it and knackered today! It's such a cool game!

bagged my first pigeon last night those rats with wings are gonna get it now :D

anyone crashed their car n gone flying through the windscreen yet? Didn't expect that to happen to me

Yeah crashed into a cop car and they and me when flying through the windscreens! Was a comical moment. :lol: Until they shot me :angry:

I'd say this is a definite contender for best game ever, end of.

Forget about the graphics (they're good but not great), it's the astonishingly immersive world Rockstar have created that's the real centre of attraction here, like as if what they wanted to do with GTA3 but couldn't, because of the limitations of the PS2 hardware, has now finally been realised.

I've never known a game to eat up hours like GTA4 does, glancing at the clock and thinking - 'No fucking way is it one in the morning.....'

I'm not much more than 10% through the game 'proper' but have been playing for hours and hours, the storylines are very well done, with superb cutscenes possessed of a credible level of scripting and acting, along with character motivations that are usually believable (I've seen proper films come up with far less compelling narratives than GTA4 has) - going on rampages for a laugh is very cartoony in look and impact, however the killings within the story 'feel' a lot more weighty. I'm playing the game through first time making all 'nice' choices, mostly because that feels right, but I'll probably do it again being completely evil.

It's actually very tempting to just stick one of the best radio stations on, drive around, park up somewhere, and watch the world go by - I can't remember a game that ever created a world so compelling that it was really enjoyable to just sit there and literally do nothing.

Also, I've now seen it on both the PS3 and the 360 - there's really not much in it at all, so whatever console you have, get this game and just enjoy it for what it is.

Problems!

OK, so my launch day PS3 60gb which has performed flawlessly from the start is now refusing to play GTA IV.

I have been playing it since last Monday night, and several others have been playing it on other profiles and now it goes through the loading sequence but will not actually start.

I have tried other games in the machine which all work perfectly, unplugging at the mains and leaving to cool down but nothing works. The disc itself is unscratched without a single visible mark or fingerprint.

After some serious Googling it that there have been a few problems with online play which involve deleting the installation file and doing a hard reset, but I haven't even tried the online system yet.

Anybody else had problems?

Problems!

OK, so my launch day PS3 60gb which has performed flawlessly from the start is now refusing to play GTA IV.

I have been playing it since last Monday night, and several others have been playing it on other profiles and now it goes through the loading sequence but will not actually start.

I have tried other games in the machine which all work perfectly, unplugging at the mains and leaving to cool down but nothing works. The disc itself is unscratched without a single visible mark or fingerprint.

After some serious Googling it that there have been a few problems with online play which involve deleting the installation file and doing a hard reset, but I haven't even tried the online system yet.

Anybody else had problems?

Disable PS Network and try it, some people are getting problems from this. Then I guess it's a wait for a patch that Rockstar are working on, if you want multiplayer

http://www.tripletags.com/post.asp?id=541

Try some of these fixes as well:

http://au.gamespot.com/news/6190279.html

Archived