Gta Iv

K.os Theory

I'd say this is a definite contender for best game ever, end of.

Also, I've now seen it on both the PS3 and the 360 - there's really not much in it at all, so whatever console you have, get this game and just enjoy it for what it is.

Spot on, been playing it for days and I'm still on the first island, I've just been pissing about, robbing cars for brucie, doing the police missions, just finding the nice cars, or just doing stuff to see what happens. It rules.

And yeah, the two versions are broadly similar offline, online the ps3 is goosed. But isn't the PS3 supposed to be an ubar powerful internet stopping supar computar? Shouldn't that version be better?

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Problems!

OK, so my launch day PS3 60gb which has performed flawlessly from the start is now refusing to play GTA IV.

I have been playing it since last Monday night, and several others have been playing it on other profiles and now it goes through the loading sequence but will not actually start.

I have tried other games in the machine which all work perfectly, unplugging at the mains and leaving to cool down but nothing works. The disc itself is unscratched without a single visible mark or fingerprint.

After some serious Googling it that there have been a few problems with online play which involve deleting the installation file and doing a hard reset, but I haven't even tried the online system yet.

Anybody else had problems?

pull out the ethernet cable

And yeah, the two versions are broadly similar offline, online the ps3 is goosed. But isn't the PS3 supposed to be an ubar powerful internet stopping supar computar? Shouldn't that version be better?

Oh really? For some maybe, mine works fine and isn't 'goosed'. Like 'live' never has problems - Halo 3?

unbelieveable game unlocked the middle big island today which looks so good much better than the start, which is saying something, going up a massive skyscraper, jacking a helicopter, taking speed for a spin, going on the subway underground, and the roads are longer and straighter in the city. i will be playing this till the end of the year, the only 2 games i can see that could disturb my concentration are the full gran turismo release and battlefield bad company.

and i have not played call of duty 4 for a week ! even with the new maps

Problems!

OK, so my launch day PS3 60gb which has performed flawlessly from the start is now refusing to play GTA IV.

I have been playing it since last Monday night, and several others have been playing it on other profiles and now it goes through the loading sequence but will not actually start.

I have tried other games in the machine which all work perfectly, unplugging at the mains and leaving to cool down but nothing works. The disc itself is unscratched without a single visible mark or fingerprint.

After some serious Googling it that there have been a few problems with online play which involve deleting the installation file and doing a hard reset, but I haven't even tried the online system yet.

Im having the same problem

The loading sreen appears with loading mission in corner but it just wont start, so then I restart the PS3 and then it says loading error.

Ive also had to delete the installation file and doing a hard reset

Problems!

Im having the same problem

The loading sreen appears with loading mission in corner but it just wont start, so then I restart the PS3 and then it says loading error.

Ive also had to delete the installation file and doing a hard reset

Exactly what happened to me, disabling the internet connection was all I had to do. Read about the solution of deleting the installation file but wanted to try other easier options first.

Ive never had any problems until I got GTA4.

Me too, not had so much as a single lock up, on or offline, since I got the machine. Let's just hope that they release a patch for this problem, I have 3 days off coming up and want to try the online bit.

PS3 GTA IV 12 point fix.

Freezing problems? Try these, when your PS3 is totally gimped it may be able to successfully play Grand Theft Auto IV :)

1) Delete the game's install data. This is done via the PS3 options. Scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Game' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Game Data Utility' Enter this and locate the GTA IV option. Highlight this and press triangle once, from the menu select Delete. This will delete the game's install information.

2) Delete the game's save files. To delete any save files you will need to do the following. Scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Game' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Save Data Utility' Enter this and locate the GTA IV option. Highlight this and press triangle once, and from the context menu select Delete.

3) Disable your Internet connectivity for the PS3. To do this scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Settings' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Network Settings'. Now scroll down to the Internet connection option and press x, now select the disable option. Once this has been done unplug the ethernet cable if you are connecting to the Internet if using this.

4) Disable the console's information board. To do this scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Network' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Information Board', highlight this and press triangle. From the menu select 'Do not display' Press X to confirm this.

5) Disable Media Server functionality. Scroll to Settings, now scroll up / down to 'Network Settings' select Media Server connection. Once this has been done press triangle and change the option Disabled.

6) Delete all of the system's Internet cache. To do this scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Network' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Internet Browser', highlight this and press X. Once you browser opens press the triangle button once, from the new menu highlight the 'Tools' option and press X. Scroll down the menu until you reach 'Delete Cookies' and press X. Confirm the files deletion. Repeat this for 'Delete Cache'.

7 ) Turn off the PS3 screen saver. Use the cross media bar to scroll to 'Settings', select 'Display Settings'. Now highlight 'Screensaver' and set this to 'Do not use'.

8 ) Once this has been done, manually restart you PS3 by holding down the power button for 5 seconds it will beep once and then shut down. Release the power button and re-press it and hold for about 5 seconds. The system will then boot and reset all display settings. You will be prompted to reset your display settings to how you require them.

9) Once restarted please try the game again, you will be prompted to reinstall.

Once the game has started please turn off the following features:

1) The game's auto-save. Press Start, Game, and locate the Auto-save option. Turn this off.

2) Turn off the game's flicker filter. Press Start, Display and locate the Flicker Filter option. Turn this off.

3) Turn off the controller vibration feature. Press Start, Controls and locate the vibration option. Turn this off.

My only criticism is the multiplayer. Once you're in a game it's great - but I think it could do with some tweaks. It would be good to know how many people are currently in each type of game, latencies etc similar to CoD4. Asides from that - everything else is jolly good. I was convinced with 'n' millions of copies sold they'd be loads of people on, 16-player games etc - either I'm unlucky or that isn't the case.

My only criticism is the multiplayer. Once you're in a game it's great - but I think it could do with some tweaks. It would be good to know how many people are currently in each type of game, latencies etc similar to CoD4. Asides from that - everything else is jolly good. I was convinced with 'n' millions of copies sold they'd be loads of people on, 16-player games etc - either I'm unlucky or that isn't the case.

I ain't even looked at the multiplayer yet (and probably never will) - why share your gaming time with the general public (i.e. mostly arseholes) when you can forge ahead with what is arguably the best 'single player campaign' game ever?

It's not a tough choice really, the sum total of years of Rockstar's development efforts, or Joe Fucking Public.

I'll take the former.

Archived