Gta Iv

K.os Theory

Well I'm finding it crap, its on autosave yet doesn't save a damn thing (even if I rewrite over manually), so i've got bored doing the same shit missions about 3 times.

Its recorded one save, the first couple of missions......thats it!!

It autosaves after every mission, after every side mission, after every 'opinion change', eg if you take someone out. Pretty much saves after every event you'd want saving.

Autosave isn't working though, I've done the same missions 3 times now after each its said "saving..... do not turn console off" etc (which I haven't).

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Autosave isn't working though, I've done the same missions 3 times now after each its said "saving..... do not turn console off" etc (which I haven't).

Oh, I see what you mean. No idea then, mines never done that (360)

• 4 months later...
Anyone played it through yet? How long did it take?

It kept me busy for about a month, usually playing for an hour or two per day, so not bad going really. (IIRC my total play time was around the 50-60 hour mark.)

Once you've played out the story mode however, there's little incentive to keep going unless you're a seriously anal completist. I'm pretty anal (fnar), but even I couldn't be arsed killing 200 fucking pigeons.

What I will say is don't be inclined to pile through the main story mode as quick as you can, 'cause the fun dies a death somewhat after that, so muck around and do silly stuff as part of the overall play pattern.

Anyone played it through yet? How long did it take?

I'm about 50 hours in, and still not hit the end. It's an amazing game, in terms of scope unrivalled. The depth of content is just nuts, you can play it for ages and still find new stuff.

Yeah about 50-60hrs for me. Was starting to get a bit bored of it towards the end TBH, but it is still a great game, purely for some of the detail.

If you're lucky enough to have an eggbox you'll soon be able to get the new DLC (nov?) - not that I'd go back to the game now anyway, just too many good titles out at the moment or coming up.

Still some way to go then :) The detail really is amazing - there's no way in hell that the people who created the game were sober when they came up with all that stuff.. Got Brothers In Arms 3 as well (package thingy when I bought the console), so positively no sunlight for the foreseeable future. What's the deal with Saints Row 2 - just like gta or summin?

I stopped playing it when I got stuck on one of Elizabeta's missions where you had to go and recover a bag of 'Columbian marching powder' from the old hospital, I had managed most of the other missions without much difficulty and had started to think 'it was all to easy' and how I would finsh it in a week or so right up until the 'Snow Storm' mission ,for days I tried and retried this bloody mission and nearly got away a few times but just couldn't quite do it so I spat the dummy and stopped playing it <_< .

Thanks to the weather on Saturday I thought to give it a play through as I was only 32% into the game and see if I could do it, after about 8 attempts I through in the towel and had a look at some walkthrough sites to see how other people had managed it, I found some cheat codes but that was not what I wanted, I really wanted to do it properly without a code and found a really easy way :D , since then I've really enjoyed playing this game again and have just opened the last Island so hopefully this will keep me quiet for a few more wet and wintery nites untill something else inspires me,

Ps I'm still really annoyed that no more maps ever came out for Battlefield2 :(:angry: I did enjoy that game far to much and dont think Bad Company is as good :ph34r:

Hey Slim did you get my autograph? haha :lol:

Hehe, yeah. Tried the coop with a mate last night, and was a bit disapointed. It works well enough, but the camera fixes, making the game very hard to play. It also splits your gold 50/50, so my newbie mate was getting thousands from my huge property empire!

I stopped playing it when I got stuck on one of Elizabeta's missions where you had to go and recover a bag of 'Columbian marching powder' from the old hospital, I had managed most of the other missions without much difficulty and had started to think 'it was all to easy' and how I would finsh it in a week or so right up until the 'Snow Storm' mission ,for days I tried and retried this bloody mission and nearly got away a few times but just couldn't quite do it so I spat the dummy and stopped playing it <_< .

Thanks to the weather on Saturday I thought to give it a play through as I was only 32% into the game and see if I could do it, after about 8 attempts I through in the towel and had a look at some walkthrough sites to see how other people had managed it, I found some cheat codes but that was not what I wanted, I really wanted to do it properly without a code and found a really easy way :D , since then I've really enjoyed playing this game again and have just opened the last Island so hopefully this will keep me quiet for a few more wet and wintery nites untill something else inspires me,

Ps I'm still really annoyed that no more maps ever came out for Battlefield2 :(:angry: I did enjoy that game far to much and dont think Bad Company is as good :ph34r:

in my view snow storm is the hardest mission in the game, i was stuck on it for days, just couldnt do it, eventually i did it though, after trying various different strategies!

thankfully theres not another mission as hard as that!

Archived