Gta Iv

K.os Theory

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
strangely enough they've given it an 18certificate!

There's a suprise! :lol:

It will still get bitched about though "ooh my little johnny played GTA4 and then he ran his gran over in my car and shot the cat..."

Taken from the BBFC's website...( very minor spoilers )

"GRAND THEFT AUTO IV is an open world action adventure game in which the player character is an Eastern European immigrant working for organised crime gangs in a fictitious city in the USA. The game has been rated '18' for strong violence, very strong language, very strong sex references and drugs use.

"Violence is a central theme of the game, with the character able to engage on missions which invariably involving killing in return for money and other in-game rewards. The character can gain use of a variety of weapons including machine guns, Molotov cocktails, a serrated knife and a rocket propelled grenade launcher.

"Injuries and death are shown with blood including blood projected onto nearby walls, windscreens and the camera lens. The character is able to attack and kill any other character in the game, including 'innocent' non player characters, although this carries a strong risk of being pursued by the police providing a negative consequence for such action.

"The game includes several uses of very strong language and frequent use of strong language. The very strong language occurs within 'cut scenes' in which the story and character development take place, in spoof television episodes and during a stand up comedy routine.

"Sex references also occur during cut scenes, including references to strong sexual behaviour. During gameplay the character can pick up prostitutes and pay for three different levels of service. What follows is an un-detailed portrayal of masturbation, fellatio and intercourse. The character can also visit lap dancing clubs and request a private dance. While the game contains sexualised dancing and the portrayal of sex, there is no sexualised nudity.

"Reference is made to drugs trafficking and several cut scenes portray cocaine snorting. There is also a satirical reference to the domestic production of a hard drug, but it does not contain the detail necessary to reproduce this in the real world.

"GRAND THEFT AUTO IV has been classified at '18' and is appropriate for adults aged 18 and above only."

hahaha sounds fookin brilliant!!

Stop it now and get some work done ;) I'm waiting quietly for this game but thankfully i will be getting Condemded2 at the end of the week to help me fill in any spare time i have this month :D unfortunatly this means that most of the jobs i need to do on my Kart and van will get ignored and will make me miss the start of the karting season :(

K.os Theory Posted Today, 08:07 AM

arrgggghhhhh just release it early rockstar ( like this weeekend!!! )

I hope they bloody dont as i think i would 'go off' :blink: in my pants if they did, GTA VI and Condemded2 together is to much for my mortal being to take at once :ph34r:

27 days to go and still more new media to keep us all entertained...

From a 9 page interview with the devs:

IGN: So, you created this massive world with tons of hidden goodies that will likely take more than 100 hours to fully discover and enjoy. And then you throw in a gigantic multiplayer component.

Houser: We couldn't do that before, because the machines couldn't -- The very base thing, the very entry point was, "Can we have the world running and play multiplayer?" And you just couldn't do that before. And now you can, so it was like, "Okay, now how do we make this feel, still, like GTA and not go to the way that a lot of multiplayer games end up feeling like a costume party."

What we're trying to do, I suppose, with the whole game is give you a cinematic experience but then extend that... So it's like you're the gangster, but you're not just the gangster in the bank job, you're the gangster of the full experience. That's what the single-player is trying to be like: put you as the star of your own TV show. And I guess the way that we look at multiplayer is you can't -- and we're still trying to figure out aspects of this -- recreate the full narrative experience. Instead you can recreate aspects of that, like how you can get a really cool car chase. So Cops 'n' Crooks is a great mode because it's a felling like you and everyone are getting the gangster experience. Now obviously, it's a section of a film rather than a whole narrative, but it does give you those movie experiences.

Multiplayer is all about Cops 'n' Crooks.

IGN: Yeah, when we were bumbling around as crooks I kept thinking, "Man, it's like I'm reliving Reservoir Dogs."

Houser: Yeah, which is brilliant. That's something that, I think, multiplayer games have been crying out for. In terms of accessibility, in a lot of first-person games which tend to dominate the multiplayer arena, there's a skill set barrier to entry that I think we kind of... you still obviously have got a skill based game, but it's going to be easier for people to get in and have fun and not feel quite so intimidated [in GTA IV].

IGN: What really impressed me is that you managed to keep the idea of an open-world game in multiplayer, which is something most people seem to lose. GTA Race, in most games you'd be stuck in a car, stuck on a track. But f I want to jump out of my car, jack a new car or just shoot people or set up a road block, I am free to do what I like.

Houser: That's what I was saying where the world has to run, and then you have to design around that, because that's what the game is. You can't throw away what the core ideas of the game are just to make something. Well you can, but it's just a different game at that point. If you want to make a GTA game with multiplayer, it has to feel like GTA. It can't be, "Here's a series of side multiplayer modes that have some loose resemblance to this game." It has to feel very similar, but there's living people running around.

Archived