Of Political Interest

Addie

Just been peeking around and it seems to me (I stand to be corrected) that 'guests' frequent the local political threads a lot.

So maybe the Local News forum could be pay per view to non members and earn Unisol lots of money.

And if he added an Isle of Man Tourist forum, would he get a grant?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think now we have a good membership that people should have to register to view....... it always makes me very uneasy when I see those spooky little guests printing off 'hot' topics.

why? whats the diference bewteen people you dont know with a cute little name and people you dont know without a cute little name?

anyway people can always be annonymous. I know quite a few people who look in here but dont post, whats the point of them being registered

so how do the owners glean info from IP addresses if people are registered but not if their not registered?

I assume that when you register or post a message the IP address is recorded. It was in the forums that I used to run

anyway what info could they glean?

Who the IP range belongs to? Who is using multiple identities on the same IP address? What e-mail address they used to register with?

You're not likely to find out full name and address but it can be one part in the jigsaw puzzle of working out who is who

so how do the owners glean info from IP addresses if people are registered but not if their not registered?

they are still visiting the site and just looking

anyway what info could they glean?

I don't think anyone can gain any info about you personally from your ip address.

I'm sure someone will be along that knows about this sort of thing and will explain in more detail.

Archived