Killer Gets Permit To Work In Iom

Sharp

From todays paper, two Polish workers wanted by the police in europe were granted work permits to work on the Island. One of the men who is wanted for killing a person during a hit and run accident was sentenced to 18 months but skipped before completing it,, the other is wanted for other criminal offences. They managed to get the work permits due to a loophole in the law here and their criminal records only came to light after they committed further criminal offences here.

How many more are on the loose here and what for, Disgusting and shows that the DTL cant do what it was set up for.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Euro-crimin...e-to.3706363.jp

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This proves my point exactly - if they had been executed by firing squad this never would have happened.

Its OK having a laugh and joke about it but one of these days one read bad dude will slip in and harm someones child.

This proves my point exactly - if they had been executed by firing squad this never would have happened.

Its OK having a laugh and joke about it but one of these days one read bad dude will slip in and harm someones child.

You are absolutely correct, let's bad everyone from the Island - 'Just in case'.

How exactly are they to stop this? Consult the home countries police for every applicant? It takes long enough to consult our own!

The same way the USA customs can pick a person out for non payment of a parking fine. The laws of Europe are to soft and need to be looked at. The Isle of Man could easily pass a law to cover this if they had the brains.

When entering the USA a persons details are brought up on a PC.

I hate to break it to you champ, but there are 'read bad dudes' everywhere in the world. It's not like we don't have any of our own.

Sure, this guy is on the run for a hit and run but quite how you extrapolate this into scaremongering about the safety of our children is a bit beyond me.

Hey... maybe everyone should have some sort of ID card linked to a centralised database. That would help! :D

Yes I would agree with your points Ans, I for one would have no problem with the ID cards, With traveling to the US a lot Im used to it and if you have nothing to hide whats the problem. Im also on the DNA data base and have no problem with that.

Do you remember the case when a local was murdered at the Continetal Hotel by a Man that had been released from a UK prison for Murder, its not the first time and wont be the last unless something is done about it.

A lot of these drug traffickers that come to the Island could be stopped if their previous records could be checked at our ports.

From the US Embassy.

8.3 What if my ‘Subject Access Form’ comes back clear? Do I still

need a visa?

Quite simply, ‘Yes’.

It is not unusual for old offences (and even relatively recent offences) not to

appear on an individual's subject access form. This does not mean that you

do not need to declare the offence.

UK legislation such as the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and the Data

Protection Act mean that many offences do not show on UK citizens’ records

after a period of time. This legislation does not bind the US government

and therefore your obligation to declare the offences remains. If you have

an offence, and you choose not to declare it, you may commit a fraud.

It is also the case that the US government also have access to other sources

of information that may include details of your offence.

About ten years ago I remember a chap from Northern Ireland managed to obtain a work permit. He was later picked up by the police for a violent crime and they found out that he had previously been done for murder at home.

He told the High Bailiff that he didn't put that on his Work Permit Application Form because he 'had forgotten about it".

One of the men who is wanted for killing a person during a hit and run accident was sentenced to 18 months but skipped before completing it,, the other is wanted for other criminal offences.

A lot of these drug traffickers that come to the Island could be stopped if their previous records could be checked at our ports.

So in three (actually four) posts on this topic you have taken one (or maybe two) polish guys, one of whom was convicted of a hit and run offence, the other who is WANTED, but not convicted, for criminal offences, from being bad (possbily shit) drivers or thieves (etc, insert offence here) through to being paedophiles to being drug pushers. How have you made this connection?

To my simplistic, but slightly educated mind, you've spent too much time reading the sun or the daily mail.

Now when these guys arrived here "the European arrest warrants did not exist. They were revealed only during checks made after they were arrested in June 2007. "

So this could happen anywhere, with people of any nationality. Some comeover Brit like me could arrive here with no convictions on record at the time but then be arrested or even convicted many years later of another offence. Happened to an English bloke i worked with for 5 years..one day in work, the next arrested and 6 months later given 10 years for child sex offences he'd hidden years earlier.

So please don't come out with this reactionary shite about foreign workers when it can happen here with anyone, of any background, as long as they've covered their arses well.

You sound like the typical xenophobic prat to me who's knee jerks at the slightest thing. Maybe you should spend more time taking note of the incompetance of your governments' social services and other departments.

If you are Manx or hold an Isle of Man NI number, before you can start employment in a EU country you must first register with the Police of that country, it may be the same for UK workers to. Once the Police have checked out your registration you can start work and not before. So why cant that be done here.

So please don't come out with this reactionary shite about foreign workers when it can happen here with anyone, of any background, as long as they've covered their arses well.

You sound like the typical xenophobic prat to me who's knee jerks at the slightest thing. Maybe you should spend more time taking note of the incompetance of your governments' social services and other departments.

So you would wecome someone with a criminal record who in your words has covered his or hers arse well ?

As to our Governments social services, why are they in such a state, because its free to any free loader that would have to pay for it in their own country. The UK and the IOM is well known for giving free medical care and benifits to others who have not paid into the system directly.

The IOM has issued over 9000 permits this past year which Government state is one third of the working population, out of these 9000 it is possible that one third do not pay their Tax and NI here. Tell me thats not a problen for our social services.

Archived