Killer Gets Permit To Work In Iom

Sharp

Now when these guys arrived here "the European arrest warrants did not exist. They were revealed only during checks made after they were arrested in June 2007. "

So this could happen anywhere, with people of any nationality. Some comeover Brit like me could arrive here with no convictions on record at the time but then be arrested or even convicted many years later of another offence. Happened to an English bloke i worked with for 5 years..one day in work, the next arrested and 6 months later given 10 years for child sex offences he'd hidden years earlier.

IMO ALL people regardless of nationality, who come over to the Isle of Man to work should be Police checked. It's a pity that everyone coming and going through our ports couldn't be checked and all the drug dealers and other vile people couldn't be stopped and turned back like Australia and America.

Oh what the heck! Bring back the birch as well :rolleyes:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Once the Police have checked out your registration you can start work and not before. So why cant that be done here.

Even if this had happened (it probably did) it wouldn't have shown up anything because as the article states 'the European arrest warrants did not exist. They were revealed only during checks made after they were arrested in June 2007. '

Once the Police have checked out your registration you can start work and not before. So why cant that be done here.

Even if this had happened (it probably did) it wouldn't have shown up anything because as the article states 'the European arrest warrants did not exist. They were revealed only during checks made after they were arrested in June 2007. '

Exactly Ian if a registration process was in place the arrest warrants would have shown up in earlier checks and not after they assaulted another person here,

Whereas, of course, if everyone who originates from the IoM was police-checked they'd all come up smelling of roses.

Most of this thread is being clogged up with reactionary, xenophobic shite that really shouldn't have a place in today's world.

It seems to be a view of "All foreigners bad, all locals good."

If anyone really believes that, they should start a Manx version of the BNP or, worse, subscribe to the Daily Mail.

Now when these guys arrived here "the European arrest warrants did not exist. They were revealed only during checks made after they were arrested in June 2007. "

So this could happen anywhere, with people of any nationality. Some comeover Brit like me could arrive here with no convictions on record at the time but then be arrested or even convicted many years later of another offence. Happened to an English bloke i worked with for 5 years..one day in work, the next arrested and 6 months later given 10 years for child sex offences he'd hidden years earlier.

IMO ALL people regardless of nationality, who come over to the Isle of Man to work should be Police checked. It's a pity that everyone coming and going through our ports couldn't be checked and all the drug dealers and other vile people couldn't be stopped and turned back like Australia and America.

So by that reasoning all Manx people going to live in the UK or Ireland for work or study should be checked out by the UK or Irish police force?

All Manx people entering through UK or Irish ports should be interviewed and checked?

So by that reasoning all Manx people going to live in the UK or Ireland for work or study should be checked out by the UK or Irish police force?

All Manx people entering through UK or Irish ports should be interviewed and checked?

I don't see the problem with everyone getting checked out here or over there, DO YOU? (Mind you, it probably depends if you've got something to hide)

(I never mentioned being interviewed, but if thats what you want, then fine, add time constraints to the equation)

But hey boy!, you're entitled to your opinion as I do mine and bottom line is, no one but us gives a damn anyway, so like all threads, this will end up long forgotten until another offence is committed by a non Manx person with a work permit. :huh:

From todays paper, two Polish workers wanted by the police in europe were granted work permits to work on the Island. One of the men who is wanted for killing a person during a hit and run accident was sentenced to 18 months but skipped before completing it,, the other is wanted for other criminal offences.

Sadly even killers who hold EU passports have the right of free movement throughout the EU. They have better mobility rights than law-abiding Manxmen as defined under Protocol 3.

You have to question the work permit system though, if the checks don't come up in the first place its a waste of time having a permit system.

Who knows how many european criminals and paedos have got in here?

Who knows how many european criminals and paedos have got in here?

OH MY GOD FOOTAGE OF OUR CHILDREN BEING SYSTEMATICALLY ROGERED BY SWARTHY FOREIGNERS WILL BE ON THE INTERNET AND THAT

Take the mick out of this too, vidio included. http://itn.co.uk/news/d3e910f2bb81354e20e03d3cdac919f0.html

Problem is in some of these countries the population dont put much value in human life.

As my Grandad use to say, you can take the monkey out of the jungle but you cant take the jungle out of the monkey.

Archived