Killer Gets Permit To Work In Iom

Sharp

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's quite simple isn't it? When people apply for a work permit the work permit office should get a police criminal records check from the country they are coming from, as part of their employment check. This will keep many of dregs from the UK and the ROW getting the opportunity to settle here, as well as protecting employers from potential thieves and the rest of us from potential violence etc. etc. These costs should be on both the employer and the applicant, and not Joe Taxpayer.

I currently carry out work for a employer, that operates all over the world, which does this as a matter of course for both permanent and contract employees. A standard UK check costs £31 and an enhanced check £36. The National Criminal Register in Poland provides a similar service, as do other organisations in other countries. This amount of money is sod all, when you consider the potential legal costs that become involved when any immigrants start committing crimes upon their arrival.

I'm with you on this Albert. It makes perfect sense to have an enhanced check (thanks for supplying the info).

Nice picture :D

Surely even those with rose tinted spectacles won't object to these checks?

I never said I was objecting to this kind of check, this makes sense to me and I'm surprised that it is not done!

I object to even more checks at ports of entry and the racist hysteria. There have always been bad people both here and in the UK and Ireland. My dad was left for dead overnight on the promenade in 1950 during a holiday here and was lucky to survive. Nobody was ever brought to book and he was simply attacked by a gang because he was Irish! I can remember all sorts of serious violence here growing up in the 60's and 70's. Almost every murder commited here has been by a local person with few exceptions.

Rose tinted spectacles?

Records show that 21 murders were reported in the Isle of Man from 1859 to 1982, how many has the island had since 1982 ?

That's half the question. The other half is, how many were committed by non-island people.

Sharp? You're about as sharp as a candle!

Records show that 21 murders were reported in the Isle of Man from 1859 to 1982, how many has the island had since 1982 ?

That's half the question. The other half is, how many were committed by non-island people.

Sharp? You're about as sharp as a candle!

Quite a few.

And last years record of crimes is not good http://www.manxradio.com/readNEwsItem.aspx?id=14661

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Islands-six...past.3679241.jp

And we beat the Channel Islands at something http://www.richard.clark32.btinternet.co.uk/islands.html

What is the purpose of this check then? Do you really think it is right to prevent people from coming over if they have committed murder? I just think it is wrong. I they have served their time then should have been re-habilitated. Nobody has the right to prevent their free movement.

I dunno but I suppose you're going to tell us eh Champ.

I take it that you have actually approached the men and women in charge of the Island with your concerns? or do you just like typing bollox on an internet forum and hope that someone volunteers to be your friend.

If someone has done there time and the law states that they can go where ever, then they can, and no crap you spout on an internet forum is going to change that fact.

I'm off down the shops to do my weekly shop now.

I suppose you think that the shop assistant should do a police check on me, just in case I have, or had a criminal record? and if I have, maybe they shouldn't sell me any food because I had a parking ticket 20 years ago. Maybe we should bring back public hangings and floggings in the street, yes that would do it eh? That would teach me for being 5 minutes late and getting that ticket. Give me a good whipping, say 50 lashes then rub salt in the wounds.

What is the purpose of this check then? Do you really think it is right to prevent people from coming over if they have committed murder? I just think it is wrong. I they have served their time then should have been re-habilitated. Nobody has the right to prevent their free movement.

Thats your opinion and entitled to it. Personally, I think it's a load of goo. I don't think you're a fool, but what's my opinion compared to that of thousands of others?

You mentioned Why shouldn't ex offenders come over? I think we have enough thugs over here already, without taking the chance that they won't re-offend.

In this weeks Courier Jan 24th 2008 p18, a Greek person who was released to a local hostel on bail, committed more offences (importing drugs) and then you go on about rehabilitation!!! The paper goes on (bottom of the article) "Reports put him at a very low risk of reoffending!

Wow! He seems like such a nice person and I suppose he only did importation on being let out on bail and yet he still did the crime? ! :angry: It just makes you wonder what a higher risk offender can do.

I dunno but I suppose you're going to tell us eh Champ.

I take it that you have actually approached the men and women in charge of the Island with your concerns? or do you just like typing bollox on an internet forum and hope that someone volunteers to be your friend.

If someone has done there time and the law states that they can go where ever, then they can, and no crap you spout on an internet forum is going to change that fact.

I'm off down the shops to do my weekly shop now.

I suppose you think that the shop assistant should do a police check on me, just in case I have, or had a criminal record? and if I have, maybe they shouldn't sell me any food because I had a parking ticket 20 years ago. Maybe we should bring back public hangings and floggings in the street, yes that would do it eh? That would teach me for being 5 minutes late and getting that ticket. Give me a good whipping, say 50 lashes then rub salt in the wounds.

What a load of Tosh, wake up and smell the coffee you idiot

Nice reply that calling me an idiot, rofl. I think you need to look in the mirror.

Just goes to show that when someone can't find anything constructive to say they resort to name calling. You really are pathetic.

I didn't think for one minute that you would understand that whinging and whining on a public forum would get you anywhere! that's why I asked, "have you asked anyone that runs the Island?"

Maybe I should have asked the question in simple terms and then the simpleton you are might understand, I couldn't ask the same question in any simpler terms though could I sport.

Now please run along and tell someone that gives a shit, preferably someone that can do something about it.

I also think that you should change your nickname from sharp to blunt because you are about as sharp as a blunt butter knife.

Thats your opinion and entitled to it. Personally, I think it's a load of goo. I don't think you're a fool, but what's my opinion compared to that of thousands of others?

You mentioned Why shouldn't ex offenders come over? I think we have enough thugs over here already, without taking the chance that they won't re-offend.

In this weeks Courier Jan 24th 2008 p18, a Greek person who was released to a local hostel on bail, committed more offences (importing drugs) and then you go on about rehabilitation!!! The paper goes on (bottom of the article) "Reports put him at a very low risk of reoffending!

Wow! He seems like such a nice person and I suppose he only did importation on being let out on bail and yet he still did the crime? ! :angry: It just makes you wonder what a higher risk offender can do.

That's not what I meant about re-habilitation. I was talking about the fact that the system is supposed to rehabilitate those who commit crimes. And also once someone has served their time they should no longer be punished or face restrictions, such as restrictions on movement. Besides this man who you refer to who have been importing drugs. If there was no demand for the drugs in the first place this person would have no business. He hasn't been forcing his drugs on the hapless population of Manx innocents.

Nice reply that calling me an idiot, rofl. I think you need to look in the mirror.

Just goes to show that when someone can't find anything constructive to say they resort to name calling. You really are pathetic.

I didn't think for one minute that you would understand that whinging and whining on a public forum would get you anywhere! that's why I asked, "have you asked anyone that runs the Island?"

Maybe I should have asked the question in simple terms and then the simpleton you are might understand, I couldn't ask the same question in any simpler terms though could I sport.

Now please run along and tell someone that gives a shit, preferably someone that can do something about it.

I also think that you should change your nickname from sharp to blunt because you are about as sharp as a blunt butter knife.

The prize for the most pathetic post goes to Dalton.

It's quite simple isn't it? When people apply for a work permit the work permit office should get a police criminal records check from the country they are coming from, as part of their employment check. This will keep many of dregs from the UK and the ROW getting the opportunity to settle here, as well as protecting employers from potential thieves and the rest of us from potential violence etc. etc. These costs should be on both the employer and the applicant, and not Joe Taxpayer.

I currently carry out work for a employer, that operates all over the world, which does this as a matter of course for both permanent and contract employees. A standard UK check costs £31 and an enhanced check £36. The National Criminal Register in Poland provides a similar service, as do other organisations in other countries. This amount of money is sod all, when you consider the potential legal costs that become involved when any immigrants start committing crimes upon their arrival.

I agree - and why shouldn't the work permit applicant pay for the police check, or some form of guarantee from their country of origin to prove they haven't got a criminal record? I vaguely remember a discussion on the old Mannin Line about this, and it was said that this is the case in certain countries.

Judging from some of the posters on here, a clean bill on the mental health front would be good too!

That's not what I meant about re-habilitation. I was talking about the fact that the system is supposed to rehabilitate those who commit crimes. And also once someone has served their time they should no longer be punished or face restrictions, such as restrictions on movement. Besides this man who you refer to who have been importing drugs. If there was no demand for the drugs in the first place this person would have no business. He hasn't been forcing his drugs on the hapless population of Manx innocents.

I whole heartedly agree, if the trade was stopped at the ports across, before the druggies etc got onto the boat, then we wouldn't have anywhere near the problem we have now. For instance, another Liverpool man remanded in custody (Courier Jan 24th p19) for importing drugs :angry: and us the tax payers, have to pay for another scumbag from across, to stay in our gaol.

It seems like every week now, that these scum bags are coming over to feed an increasing market. Stop the supply and you stop the rot. Shame you couldn't drug test all the population, including hearsay Athol Street :blink: and see how big the problem is.

As for rehabilitation, well thats a crock of goo as well. The Government only half heartedly does it, but at the end of the day, if the offenders don't want to change, then they won't and another load of tax payers money seeps down the drain. Yes, everyone deserves a chance, but how many chances should a person get, - for ever, for life?

Think about it, stop the supply including the bad apples and regardless of nationality and the island becomes a better place.

Archived