Beer Prices

Sharp

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe you could be more specific in your original posts in future?

Anyway, I don't think it's cc - unless they're deliberately going out of their way to miss-spell as many words as possible.

cc = obscure posts but doesn't really lack on the spelling front.

well im lost on this,

so think i go sit in the corner and say northing :rolleyes:

Down in The Big Smoke for Christmas and had a few pints in a Whetherspoon's pub, The New Cross Turn Pike. The following pints were £1.79: Greene King IPA, Theakson's Best and Courage Best. The cheapest tasteless lager was Carling at £2.10.

These prices were beaten by Sam Smith's pubs ie Cheshire Cheese off Fleet Street. Where I got a round in and thought I'd been under charged. A pint cost £1.78

All the pubs are smoke free too so it disappointing coming back to our pubs

20 years and more ago the Island was always known for its substantially cheaper drink, including 1/5 gill measure as opposed to 1/6 on the mainland.

That was in the days before the brewery monopoly though.

Then the real greed took over and the brewery realised it could get away with charging as if we were a leading world financial centre. Other than the greed factor I can't see why the drink is so expensive. Mind you, if it were worth Weatherspoons while to be here then I am sure they would be.

Brewery monopoly

It's a crap game - all the squares on the board game 'Brewery Monopoly' are named 'Fleece Street'.

They should think about upping the quality of the 'service' they provide, and make available some of the many beers they are entitled to bring into the island.

Brewery monopoly

It's a crap game - all the squares on the board game 'Brewery Monopoly' are named 'Fleece Street'.

They should think about upping the quality of the 'service' they provide, and make available some of the many beers they are entitled to bring into the island.

Own your own brewery bring in and supply other breweries beer that sounds like a good business plan, Ohh wait a minute other beers are available in H+B pubs.

:lol:

• 6 months later...

I was going to start a thread but found this.

Seeing as beer prices are at a high, where about is the cheapest pint?

£2.60/£2.70 pint of Carling in The Sidings, Castletown.

Probably the cheapest I have seen, but there's got to be a bit cheaper.

Haven't been out that much lately but in Douglas when out I notice £3+ but I could be going to the wrong places. :lol:

It would have to be Quids Inn on the prom. A quid to get in and then the drinks are a quid fifty a go including Guinness, strongbow, Castlemaine XXXX(they can put that back in the horse as far as I'm concerned though). Shots are still a quid with a dash of coke. And don't worry you will be issued with a weapon on the door if you forget yours.

It would have to be Quids Inn on the prom. A quid to get in and then the drinks are a quid fifty a go including Guinness, strongbow, Castlemaine XXXX(they can put that back in the horse as far as I'm concerned though). Shots are still a quid with a dash of coke. And don't worry you will be issued with a weapon on the door if you forget yours.

Is he still dishing out the Red and Yellow cards like a nazi-buffoon ?

...GOMH*...

Seeing as beer prices are at a high, where about is the cheapest pint?

£2.60/£2.70 pint of Carling in The Sidings, Castletown.

I found a better place. It's only around 80p for most pints at 'Tatlocks', plus they allow smoking, gambling, and the occasional loose woman on the premises, they also have Sky and really comfy armchairs.

Staying home is the new going out.

Archived