Russel Grant Escapes Big Brother And Moves To Ellan Vannin!

Cronky

On the Isle of Man Today website a glowing piece about Russell Grant who is moving to the Isle of Man:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Russell-Gra...move.3713169.jp

Albert and Dodger will love this quote from Russell's personal Website

The day I flew in it was many miles away from the jam packed madding crowd of other airports and yet just 20 minutes from big Brother Britain.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Doug (Douglas), Russell's partner of 36 years, said of the planned move: 'It's certainly was and is the case...And he had glowing praise for the Island after the visit, describing Douglas on his TV Travel club website,"

I always suspected he liked being in Douglas.

On the Isle of Man Today website a glowing piece about Russell Grant who is moving to the Isle of Man:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Russell-Gra...move.3713169.jp

Albert and Dodger will love this quote from Russell's personal Website

The day I flew in it was many miles away from the jam packed madding crowd of other airports and yet just 20 minutes from big Brother Britain.

Are they officially civil partners already or will they be tying the knot at Douglas Registry Office?

Not sure whether the IOM is ready for that.

Fair enough. They seem to like the Island a lot, so I hope they're happy in their new home.

Also, it's a nice continuation of the Island's long standing tradition of being home to C list celebrities!

Do I detect a touch of animosity and homophobia here? Is there a problem that a guy who is some kind of celebrity should want to move and live here?

It makes me sick to see multiple threads proclaiming how wonderful it is to live here, but as soon as someone reasonably well known moves here, out come all the sniping one liners about their PRIVATE life.

Perhaps he isn't aware of our lack of any law preventing this kind of abuse, or our inbreeding programme that ensures that we will always have a ready supply of ignorant slack jawed yokels with crab claws, ready and willing to pull anyone apart who is deemed to be vaguely successful. Maybe he should have asked Jeremy Clarkson or Andy Kershaw about their recent experiences in the place they chose as home.

The fact that they are celebrities usually means they are outspoken by nature, accept it.

Archived