Cats On A Plane?

Panda

Does anyone know if any of the airlines flying to IOM permit cats onboard (or in hold)? Euromanx say no, and I can't find much about other airlines, although there is the suggestion that it might be possible 'by prior arrangement.'

Thanks

a couple of years ago you could ship cats and dogs as freight by air, don't know if you still can . they came in at that building that is straight down over the little roundabout that you come to once you've turned off the main castletown road.

as a post states above, the hold would need to be pressurised and the noise might well blow their ear drums

we brought a cat over on the seacat (no joke intended)

put some calming spray in the carrier and left the carrier inthe car - good luck with the weather

Out of interest, I googled long distance pet transport and there seems to be quite a few operators who do it. Mind you I expect it's not cheap.

Are the cabins of most of the planes that fly to and from here pressurised? It's only the one to Gatwick that has the emergency masks, IIRC. If the cabins don't need to be pressurised does the hold?

may also depend on heating, the hold may be exposed to sub-zero temps at a few thousand feet, would pusscat survive freezing for half an hour or more ?

Archived