[BBC News] Personal data safety is discussed

Newsbot

People concerned about the safety and confidentiality of their personal information are invited to join a discussion.

To register for the discussion please give your name, address, dob, mother's maiden name, bank account number and sort code. Your details will not be used for any marketing purposes.

Your details will not be used for any marketing purposes.

But may be placed on disk unencrypted and posted all over the place.

Anyone on here likely to be going to this?

Of course people from Manxforums will be going. If you don't get out and debate the issues of the day how can you hope to influence them? Look forward to reading your comments tommorrow morning!

Anyone on here likely to be going to this?

Of course people from Manxforums will be going. If you don't get out and debate the issues of the day how can you hope to influence them? Look forward to reading your comments tommorrow morning!

Not me, you can tell from the flyer that it's a one way stacked argument from the start.

Not me, you can tell from the flyer that it's a one way stacked argument from the start.

Well no, if you think you have a better argument then you should come along and try to convince people. Public debates such as these are much more cordial then discussion forums. I.e. no one will swear or get personal.

At the end of the day it's peoples personal information that is at stake. You won't have to declare that you are ai_Droid and no one would mind if you were! You don't even have to speak!

Well no, if you think you have a better argument then you should come along and try to convince people. Public debates such as these are much more cordial then discussion forums. I.e. no one will swear or get personal.

That's a shame :)

At the end of the day it's peoples personal information that is at stake. You won't have to declare that you are ai_Droid and no one would mind if you were! You don't even have to speak!

Oh I'm not worried about that, I can just see this is one way stacked from the way it's phrased already. It'll be a big circle wank of agreement about our inevitable plunge into a future government driven identity prision because your kids used a thumb scanner to get a book out of the school library. No ta.

Oh I'm not worried about that, I can just see this is one way stacked from the way it's phrased already. It'll be a big circle wank of agreement about our inevitable plunge into a future government driven identity prision because your kids used a thumb scanner to get a book out of the school library. No ta.

I think you undersetimate your fellow Isle of Man residents. There are serious concerns about the security of our personal data are there not? It's a very topical subject. This sounds like a debate not a campaign. The balance of opinion has to be represented so do please come along and put your view forward. No one is going to be nasty to you or try and censure you for sticking out in crowd.

You have nothing to lose by turning up and you will be able to defend your credibility!

See you there!

Archived