Stupid Question

ThieBane

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, surely I, Mark Woodward, have nothing better to do with my time than argue with the same three or four people about the Steam Packet. Usually I just spend my time smoking cigars made from the tattered remains of residents' travel plans and relax on a bean-bag stuffed with my ill-gotten gains...

Prices look pretty similar

I'm sure I saw somewhere recently that the Isle of Wight ferry was even dearer than the Steam Packet. I think it was some newspaper question re ferry fares.

Pretty sure it was once quoted as being the most expensive stretch of water in the world (may not be true these days though).

Mind you, island residents with 'DL' numberplates do get a discount - not sure how much it is though.

Maybe someone with some time on their hands can do a mile for mile comparison:-

Wightlink

Red Funnel

I also noticed that the difference between and infant (up to and including the age of 3) and a child (4 or over) is not always consistent - sometimes it's an extra £20 (foot passenger), some it doesn't change (with car) and other times like TT week it's about £70!!!

Yes, surely I, Mark Woodward, have nothing better to do with my time than argue with the same three or four people about the Steam Packet.

And the other two thousand people (sorry, numpty sheep) who signed the petition?. I suppose you have better things to do with your time than address their concerns?

Yes, surely I, Mark Woodward, have nothing better to do with my time than argue with the same three or four people about the Steam Packet.

and surely its about time you revealed what is really going to happen to sea travel when the Ben goes for her "check up" in a couple of weeks!!

Wightlink £128 no cabin 35 minute crossing with ferries on 6 routes between two operators and departures at two hourly intervals 24.00 to 06.30 and every 45 minutes during the day, 24 crossings per day on one route alone

Thats about £750 for the same time as on the Ben

Why are Mezeron or its new owners in the market looking for a RoRo ship, are they going into the passenger side as well as frieght, and if so from which port.

I also noticed that the difference between and infant (up to and including the age of 3) and a child (4 or over) is not always consistent - sometimes it's an extra £20 (foot passenger), some it doesn't change (with car) and other times like TT week it's about £70!!!

Which route is this......

And is it a serious post?

Archived