Mhk's...and Their Election Promises

Albert Tatlock

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tony Brown seems to be doing alright on his local issues.

"Provision of adequate housing for the towns needs" Check! Janets Corner redevelopment.

"Employment opportunities" Check! I have an interview with a firm in the town tomorrow evening.

"Securing and enhancing the town business infrastructure" Check! Callows Yard development

"Securing, improving and developing the towns infrastructure" Check! See above.

"Protecting and enhancing Castletowns built heritage and environment" Think this may be the only thing he's missing on the check list!

Well done Tony, good effort!

Can't say jack about his national issues though!

It seems as if Quintin Gill, Graham Cregeen & Bill Henderson have no profile at all.

How can you say that - Mr Gill appears to be doing particularly well on the expenses front :lol::D

Has Corkish made his maiden speech yet? I see he dared to ask a question today! :D

David Cretney has a good idea..............

...though to be fair, it was probably down to the exhaustive work of his infinite number of monkeys :D

I'm staggered they don't have to prove their mileage - given all this accountability bollocks going on in the UK with politicians and money.

Juan Watterson promised to be young.

A rather unusual election promise, since even if you keep that promise at the start, with each passing second you are doing slightly worse at keeping it, until one day you wake up, look in the mirror and realise that you have completely reneged on the on your promise.

Bill Malarkey promised the he 'WILL make a difference'. Shame that the main tenat of his manifesto was to limit the building at Farmhill Manor and it is on that subject alone that I have heard anything of him. Seems he sought election on that matter alone, and having failed has not found any other cause to champion, although he is fully behind the other Douglas South member, David Cretney. -_-

"Provision of adequate housing for the towns needs" Check! Janets Corner redevelopment.

"Employment opportunities" Check! I have an interview with a firm in the town tomorrow evening.

"Securing and enhancing the town business infrastructure" Check! Callows Yard development

"Protecting and enhancing Castletowns built heritage and environment" Think this may be the only thing he's missing on the check list!

All the above already planned and approved prior to the elections - how to make your manifesto promises come true - back date them all!

All the above already planned and approved prior to the elections - how to make your manifesto promises come true - back date them all!

Really? I thought Tony Brown has been Castletown MHK since the beginning of time. Well anyways, kudo's to his predecessor for scoring, and kudo's too to Tony for getting all the credit (from me at least!)

Hey? - yes these were all things arranged while King Tony was MHK for Castletown - prior to the last elections.

This is meant to be a discussion about whether MHKs are keeping to their manefesto commitments - your list has nothing to do what so ever with commitments - they were all things from his past tenure which were done and dusted well before he wrote his manefesto.

We are meant to be discussing what MHKs are doing now - again your list says nothing about what Mr Brown is currently involved in. I very much agree with a comment John Wright made in another thread - MHKs are very quiet in the first year of a Tynwald - too busy getting settled in, getting on Committees and working out whats what. The trouble is this usually causes chaos in the last year of a Tynwald when everything gets crammed in to make manefestos look good.

TB and most of the other MHKs are pretty invisible from my point of view - and your list of his past works doesn't change that!

Juan Watterson promised to be young.

A rather unusual election promise, since even if you keep that promise at the start, with each passing second you are doing slightly worse at keeping it, until one day you wake up, look in the mirror and realise that you have completely reneged on the on your promise.

Contact him and ask him how the aging process is going and if he has time for anything else...

Email juan@votewatterson.com

Mobile 401355

Bill Malarkey promised the he 'WILL make a difference'. Shame that the main tenat of his manifesto was to limit the building at Farmhill Manor and it is on that subject alone that I have heard anything of him. Seems he sought election on that matter alone, and having failed has not found any other cause to champion, although he is fully behind the other Douglas South member, David Cretney. -_-

Malarkey promised to limit buliding at Farmhill Manor and to get the homes in upper Pulrose refurbished

Dandara have begun clearing the site at the manor for buliding and upper Pulrose is to be demolished

I make that nil nil to Bill

But he did win MHK idol

Archived