Jeremy Beadle Rip

The Thriller

Sad news. He compiled a regular quiz for the Saturday Independent magazine that was never less than brilliant for anyone who enjoys learning extraordinary trivia.

A couple of snippets from The Times:

Beadle’s charitable efforts included helping children with Poland’s syndrome, which he suffered from and which left him with a withered right hand. He was a significant fundraiser for Children with Leukaemia throughout his life and is estimated to have raised more than £100 million for charities. In 1998 he disclosed that he had helped a friend dying of motor neuron disease to commit suicide. He was appointed MBE in 2001.

Television fame brought Beadle considerable wealth, which he invested in his home in Hertfordshire with its library of 22,000 books.

A complex man whose success made 'intellectual' critics squirm. R I P

It's curious to see how people have reacted to recent high profile deaths.

Heath Ledger dies and the world and his brother are in deep mourning. His contribution to the world? A hollywood actor.

Jeremy Beadle dies and the world and his brother use it as an excuse to crack 'jokes'. His contribution to the world? Approximately £100 million raised for charity.

I know who gets my respect.

Archived