France Bans Uk "x-ray" Machines

manxblue

French authorities have banned x-ray equipment from the ports leading to Britain claiming that the UK are contravening the rights of the illegal immigrants. These machines are the ones which can see into large lorries attempting to locate persons inside. Anyone any idea why ?.

French authorities have banned x-ray equipment from the ports leading to Britain claiming that the UK are contravening the rights of the illegal immigrants. These machines are the ones which can see into large lorries attempting to locate persons inside. Anyone any idea why ?.

So far the only suggestion I've read is because it contravenes health and safety to expose people to doses of radiation without their permission, although I'm not sure why France is objecting to the practice now, when they could have done so when the UK was installing the machines on French soil.

I'm not sure why France is objecting to the practice now

Probably because the French authorities don't want the illegal immigrants and so don't want any chance of them being detected in France and prevented from travelling to the UK. If the flow of illegal immigrants was from the UK into France they'd insist we detect and detain them on UK soil.

Archived