Is It True About Are Bread

Thunderstruck

I wonder sometimes if people calmly walk up to a keyboard, collect their thoughts and then proceed to scream incoherently and smash their head against said keyboard in the hope a sentence comes out.

Works for me.

Shouldn't you be in Africa?

rub it in why don't you!

A Canadian friend of mine who lived in the UK got so frustrated with trying to find a toaster that would fit the bread (without the inch or two poking out of the top) that she cut a piece of paper to the same size as her normal loaf and tried it in every toaster in the shops. Exasperrated she concluded that the bread industry and the toaster industry do not talk to each other as there were no toasters, within a reasonable cost, that would toast the whole of a slice of bread.

Not the start of armageddon, but an observation.

A Canadian friend of mine who lived in the UK got so frustrated with trying to find a toaster that would fit the bread (without the inch or two poking out of the top) that she cut a piece of paper to the same size as her normal loaf and tried it in every toaster in the shops. Exasperrated she concluded that the bread industry and the toaster industry do not talk to each other as there were no toasters, within a reasonable cost, that would toast the whole of a slice of bread.

Not the start of armageddon, but an observation.

Crumbs!

I wonder sometimes if people calmly walk up to a keyboard, collect their thoughts and then proceed to scream incoherently and smash their head against said keyboard in the hope a sentence comes out.

Leave Spock out of this!

I should have said a guy that works for the bakery told me they have made the bread bigger, yes - bigger in height.

its the same weight but bigger. and by the sounds of it thicker.

so we will be having less slices per loaf.

and it is said a well known sandwich maker on the Island is a bit pi55ed off.

they are short in slices lol = less prof :o

Surely if it weighs the same the increase in size must be as a result of more air being contained in the loaf - I have notice that the bubbles in the loaf appear bigger when putting a slice in the toaster. The top bit sticks out, I tried sideways entry but then my slice got stuck and I burnt the edges. Now I put it in one side first and half way through turn it over and put it in the other side to finish the job.

Another problem I've noticed is that the larger slice doesn't fit into my sandwich box so I have to cut the ends of and throw them away.

How long before the bakery reduces the loaf size but keeps the bubbles thereby reducing the bread we actualy get.

I had the tall bread/toast/sticking out problem for a while.

Then I realised you just put the stuff in sideways instead. Problem solved.

I'm here all day for these solutions. Next up - peace in the Middle East

Isn't this what everyone does? :ermm:

Archived