Riverdance Sinking

cheeky boy

Still not having this freak wave bollocks for the Irish sea

Spoke to Rick Tomlinson once about his experience in the southern ocean aboard a Whitbread 60, his account of sliding down a six story high wave and burying the boat in the "green room" at the bottom killed any romantic notions I may have had about long distance yachting

But I doubt that seriously big waves could be generated in our violent but small, shallow sea

Wrong the Irish sea is known for being a place for bad weather and freak waves. And at sea we do get some bloody big ones.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was in Blackpool in March for a mates stag do, the locals were saying it had been great for tourism - apparently the garage at Clevelys had doubled it's takings, and the cafe's there had to employ extra staff!

Maybe a wreck or two would improve our tourism, I remember a ship beaching at Brighton years ago, great amusement and loads of sightsee-ers, The 'Athena B' if I remembger correctly.

Now then, do we know of any vessels that could fill that space?

(Insert pic of any SP craft)

Just say when... :rolleyes:

Untitled555.jpg

I like your use of Photoshop and how you have given the subject the Impression of travelling at speed by adding a plume to the stern of the vessel and the bow wave of obviously another faster vessel like a pedalo of some type, Keep up the good work :)

• 3 months later...

I know it's draggingup an old topic, but I need to post something before I can start my own. As far as tourism was concerned in Clevelys, yes it boosted it a bit, but the locals moaned at the amount of litter and chronic parking.

'You can't have a rainbow without rain', as someone in ancient Chinese times once said.

• 1 month later...

Archived