Website Of Man

slinkydevil

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You should really be admitting to creating a turd of a website with no apparent point. Using Frames(!). And a single 270k image. Did you learn anything at college?

college? I've never been taught about web design, and yes i know it shows.

This was intended just for fun/experiment.

You should really be admitting to creating a turd of a website with no apparent point. Using Frames(!). And a single 270k image. Did you learn anything at college?

1) Have a bash at using correct grammar,

2) Test your own website and links, for example http://www.pixelsofman.co.uk/linktome.html doesn't work.

Take a look at Excellent Website Info and learn from the experts.

1) Have a bash at using correct grammar,

2) Test your own website and links, for example http://www.pixelsofman.co.uk/linktome.html doesn't work.

Take a look at Excellent Website Info and learn from the experts.

Linktome.html is working for me in three browser, IE, Firefox and safari.

If you are so concerned please do the kindest thing... and help. It is set up for fun, and for free. The prize has been put forward, although not expensive, it should hopefully entice some people. I am not trained or experienced in web design. I can do nothing but apologise for my grammar but it is only a forum; i am not being assessed. I also have little time on my hands as i am doing my Master degree (not in website design i may add), so all help would be appreciative.

Sorry, and thank you.

Right - constructive criticism.

A press release giving a web address was released dated 25 Jan. I read it on that date and looked at it.

You must expect people to visit as a result. They did. Hence the negative comment. What do you expect when people visit and find that?

If you make a press release, ensure that any web site at least has basic functionality. That was not the case.

It was a pigs ear.

If you're under construction say so. People may well then come back later.

As for 'mix up backing' up etc.

Do you not look at the website yourself afterwards?

If not why not?

Surely that is important after any form of uploading or back up in case a mistake was made ? As it was.

Credibility is an issue and I feel anyone visiting as a result of that press release won't have had left with a positive outlook.

On a side issue, I feel the concept lacks purpose other than as you say, a bit of fun; but that's my individual view and is not perhaps that relevant.

As I say, criticism but I hope you find it constructive.

Linktome.html is working for me in three browser, IE, Firefox and safari.

If you are so concerned please do the kindest thing... and help. It is set up for fun, and for free. The prize has been put forward, although not expensive, it should hopefully entice some people. I am not trained or experienced in web design. I can do nothing but apologise for my grammar but it is only a forum; i am not being assessed. I also have little time on my hands as i am doing my Master degree (not in website design i may add), so all help would be appreciative.

Sorry, and thank you.

Looks like the Linktome was off for some reason, anyway it's fine now :-)

Ad for help - reading the link I sent is a *very* good place to start, there are links there which are well worth reading.

I can do nothing but apologise for my grammar but it is only a forum; i am not being assessed. I also have little time on my hands as i am doing my Master degree (not in website design i may add), so all help would be appreciative.

Well I would argue that if you post on a forum, you are expecting others to read what you write, and therefore, if you, it is considerate to try to write in manner that is comprehensible. I accept that opinions differ that score.

However, I would have thought, that if you are setting up a website to celebrate the best in websites, the very least you should do is to proof read what you are writing on the main page.

Arggggghhhh! I've seen some stinkers, but it's not often I see a website so badly designed that it makes me want to vomit, and the situation is only exacerbated by the irony that its purpose is to reward good website design.

I'm sorry, but that's as constructive as I'm going to get on this one. If it was a horse I'd shoot it.

Arggggghhhh! I've seen some stinkers, but it's not often I see a website so badly designed that it makes me want to vomit, and the situation is only exacerbated by the irony that its purpose is to reward good website design.

I'm sorry, but that's as constructive as I'm going to get on this one. If it was a horse I'd shoot it.

Returned from weekend away and thank you for all the critical feedback, i never realised it was so bad... especially as it is only a holding page.

Due to lack of time to redesign, i have stalled continuing production of the main page and i have pulled the competition for now.

Thank you to all those that entered, and sorry. I may try again after September when i have finished my degree and may have some more time on my hands.

Ali

I knew I'd fuck up that sentence - the one immutable law of the forums is every criticism of another's grammar, has to contain an error!

I think in this instance I tried a bit too hard and rewrote it but forgot to delete part of it, specifically "if you".

i never realised it was so bad... especially as it is only a holding page.

It begs the questions 1) are you the best person to judge what's good or bad in other websites and 2) why issue a press release for an obviously unfinished website?

1) I wasn't judging the best websites, the website was going to be run by a voting system on different aspects of the entrants website.

The public would have been voting for what they prefer, with registration and IP tracking to deter cheating.

2) The website was finished, however, a glitch in backing up another file with the same name caused the problem. I didn't check as i didn't realise it would affect this site; having checked the other site to confirm the upload was successful.

The website was hardly finished as it was just a single image. There was no voting system in place and you yourself have described it as a holding page, even now that the right image is up.

You're doing some sort of marketing degree aren't you? Make sure you show your tutor this disaster.

Archived