Website Of Man

slinkydevil

Linktome.html is working for me in three browser, IE, Firefox and safari.

If you are so concerned please do the kindest thing... and help. It is set up for fun, and for free. The prize has been put forward, although not expensive, it should hopefully entice some people. I am not trained or experienced in web design. I can do nothing but apologise for my grammar but it is only a forum; i am not being assessed. I also have little time on my hands as i am doing my Master degree (not in website design i may add), so all help would be appreciative.

Sorry, and thank you.

Looks like the Linktome was off for some reason, anyway it's fine now :-)

Ad for help - reading the link I sent is a *very* good place to start, there are links there which are well worth reading.

Doesn't work for me and neither do any of the mentioned websites surrounding the image.

The competition has been closed.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've also got problems with your home site! Specifically, I went on it, first link I clicked, you've typed in the address wrong for the link (haven't included the http:// at the start so tries to find the site on your page). Next, after correcting the url, the page isn't found on the server found!

It's all very well talking yourself up but at least have something to back it up with! Not trying to be harsh but you do big yourself up on your site and then, yet again, you haven't proof read the code, demeaning the whole purpose of the site.

You've also got problems with your home site! Specifically, I went on it, first link I clicked, you've typed in the address wrong for the link (haven't included the http:// at the start so tries to find the site on your page). Next, after correcting the url, the page isn't found on the server found!

It's all very well talking yourself up but at least have something to back it up with! Not trying to be harsh but you do big yourself up on your site and then, yet again, you haven't proof read the code, demeaning the whole purpose of the site.

I know that site is missing links, that isn't for discussion at the minute.

I have cancelled a hosting, so pages are missing, and at the minute it is not required so it is left until i have time to work on it.

I have cancelled a hosting, so pages are missing, and at the minute it is not required so it is left until i have time to work on it.

Just buy web easy:

amazon

Its simply not possible to f**k up a website if you use it. Even a 6 year old can set up a fully functioning website.

Just buy web easy:

amazon

Its simply not possible to f**k up a website if you use it. Even a 6 year old can set up a fully functioning website.

Cheers... is it possible for a Mod to close this discussion please

Cheers... is it possible for a Mod to close this discussion please

Why? On your site you're offering 'corporate webdesign' and suchlike; surely design\construction criticism is something you should be able to handle and deal with? Also, using your real name on a thread such as this probably isn't the best idea

You went around trying to advertise all your sites on here for a while, and now you want to have discussion closed when it turns less marketable\advantageous..

"You should really be admitting to creating a turd of a website with no apparent point. Using Frames(!). And a single 270k image. Did you learn anything at college?"

"Arggggghhhh! I've seen some stinkers, but it's not often I see a website so badly designed that it makes me want to vomit, and the situation is only exacerbated by the irony that its purpose is to reward good website design.

I'm sorry, but that's as constructive as I'm going to get on this one. If it was a horse I'd shoot it."

What a bunch of bastards you are. There's constructive criticism and there's shooting someone down just because you can. It always seems to be the way that really talented people tend to be gracious to those who are having a go at something; it's the ones who haven't go anything to shout about that get a cheap kick out of knocking other people. Unfortunately it's the latter group who are fucking rife on the Isle of Man!

I've seen Ali's modelling work on here before and it's excellent, but even the most talented graphic designers seem to fall into the 'style over substance' trap when it comes to web design, so a reality check was needed. I probably wouldn't have commented if it weren't for the subject matter of the site - maybe it makes me a bad person, but I found it exceptionally irritating to see a competition promoting good web design that was so badly designed!

Archived