Thugs!

staaue

Quote Max Power "If everyone who just let off a little steam ended up in prison, we'd need a bigger one than that new thing up at Jurby and then we'd be wingeing about how much it costs to keep them there!"

Letting off a little steam by punching someone? - what a crock! There are plenty of ways to let off steam & not resort to that, but if you are welcome to let these stressed yobs give you a smack if you like - I suggest the prom on a Friday or Saturday night, although I cannot help thinking you might change your tune after a couple of sessions of "stress relief"

Carry on taking things out of context why dont you! All I am saying is is that there is a difference between a good hard punch and a bit of a poke on the arm. That is to say in the seriousness of the assault. If you think that the latter constitutes a sustained attack, then perhaps you should pay a visit to the prom on a fact finding mission. I am well aware of the difference between a good going over or a fairly harmless poke, I've had my fair share of both in my time.

As I said I don't know what happened in this instance, but I'm sure that the courts took the facts into consideration when passing judgement!

Quote Max Power "If everyone who just let off a little steam ended up in prison, we'd need a bigger one than that new thing up at Jurby and then we'd be wingeing about how much it costs to keep them there!"

Letting off a little steam by punching someone? - what a crock! There are plenty of ways to let off steam & not resort to that, but if you are welcome to let these stressed yobs give you a smack if you like - I suggest the prom on a Friday or Saturday night, although I cannot help thinking you might change your tune after a couple of sessions of "stress relief"

Carry on taking things out of context why dont you! All I am saying is is that there is a difference between a good hard punch and a bit of a poke on the arm. That is to say in the seriousness of the assault. If you think that the latter constitutes a sustained attack, then perhaps you should pay a visit to the prom on a fact finding mission. I am well aware of the difference between a good going over or a fairly harmless poke, I've had my fair share of both in my time.

As I said I don't know what happened in this instance, but I'm sure that the courts took the facts into consideration when passing judgement!

Seems a little naive to put such trust in the legal system Max. I've seen ignorance of facts before today. I've even dealt with this on a personal level. It happens.

Seems a little naive to put such trust in the legal system Max. I've seen ignorance of facts before today. I've even dealt with this on a personal level. It happens.

I'd agree to a point, as I have seen the same thing when a friend of mine was injured in a premeditated atack with a baseball bat. The guy got off as they had a verbal argument a few weeks earlier????

But it can work both ways too, another friend of mine was prosecuted under similar circumstances and had done nothing but try to prevent an attack!

In this case the lad has a criminal record for a serious crime, including resisting arrest. That is probably worse than a few weeks in jail.

Seems like I hang around with the wrong people?

Archived