[BBC News] Skills scheme for young motorists

Newsbot

Yep, said something very similar myself, in print, in response to a call for an all island speed limit

Just goes to show that our elected representatives and the career dullards who control them don't have an original thought in their heads

Bunch of hand-shaking backslapping artless tossers, sniffing around for inspiration like dogs seeking out fresh piss

Yep, said something very similar myself, in print, in response to a call for an all island speed limit

Just goes to show that our elected representatives and the career dullards who control them don't have an original thought in their heads

Bunch of hand-shaking backslapping artless tossers, sniffing around for inspiration like dogs seeking out fresh piss

To be fair though, the politicians are there to implement ideas. As with most Civil Servants, there is rarely original thought or even intelligence.

There is an art to discussing matters with politicians - making them think that they actually came up with an idea. And massaging their egos and providing credit as necessary no matter how false usually does the trick.

Did you not see my :P at the end of the statement, tbh I really hope this works out and has a positive impact. But tbh, young drivers wont listen to 'nobodies' it doesn't matter how experienced they are. They do need recognised drivers (race and rally ppl) so that the target audience can relate what is being said to the person saying it. If Mr Vehicle test centre examiner tells you that overloading your VTS with adolescents and then trying to drive round a bend at high speed will end in bloodshed, the average noncy teenager will say he knows better. Now have Clarkson, or some renowned competetive driver say that and they will be "Wow, if HE said it, it must be true".

Doing it half arsed using government lackies droning on about safety will have zero impact at all.

Archived