Come The Glorious Day

%age

I agree that we are changing as a culture and more people are staying in to get canned up. Also in the past 2 years people playing online games must have gone up by a massive amount, this is not just the online gaming where your an elf and stuff but the online poker and stuff.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The new rules start at the end of March, but can anyone tell me how a Hotel is still allowed to have designated rooms for smokers but Pubs cant. A rule for one and not the other.

will this not change as of the same date,

if not, it because there a closed room, its not public in the same way,

e.g non smoker aint going to book a smokeing room to stay in, so wont bother him, and as the public can chose

what room thay can stay in,

id say that be the reason

not sure if pubs and clubs could do this as well, a smokeing room for ppl to go, i dowt it, cause that would keep everybody happy,

and the goverment dont like doing that

but i think it should be allowed, if non smokers have a place to go drinking with clean air, shoulden we be allowed somewhere to go for a smoke in a pub, like a smokeing room,

The new rules start at the end of March, but can anyone tell me how a Hotel is still allowed to have designated rooms for smokers but Pubs cant. A rule for one and not the other.

I guess the difference is that a hotel bedroom is essentially, your home whilst you are staying there.

I guess the difference is that a hotel bedroom is essentially, your home whilst you are staying there.

Nah, its because there won't be any hotel staff going in there whilst someone is actually smoking, whereas if pubs were still allowed to, there would be staff going in and out all the time.

So what your saying its essential to smoke.

Staff have to clean the room so will be exposed to smoke

well no, cause thay wont be in there when there smokeing will thay,

or just get the ppl that smoke in the staff to clean the room problem sorted :cool:

Please do not put words into my mouth. I didn't say it was essential to smoke.Idiot.

It'll be alright, not having the faggy clothes the next day. Perhaps take away from the dinginess which is a bit homely in some pubs, but suppose can't have it both ways.

Although saying that, smoking can save your life in some occupations (and certainly has).

It'll be alright, not having the faggy clothes the next day. Perhaps take away from the dinginess which is a bit homely in some pubs, but suppose can't have it both ways.

Although saying that, smoking can save your life in some occupations (and certainly has).

can it :huh::huh:

Sunday Mirror Jan 20, 2008

Britain's pubs are closing at the rate of 67 a month as beer sales slump to a record low. Bars are selling 50 million fewer pints of beer a month than they were a year ago. Alarming new figures show beer sales dropped by almost 10 per cent during December - normally the busiest time of the year. The UK's £6bn-a-year pub industry has been hit by a growing move toward drinking at home with cheap supermarket booze and the smoking ban. In the 1970s, 90 per cent of beer was drunk in pubs, compared with just 58 per cent today.

...but at least you won't have any trouble getting to the bar!

Brother has a pub, he's complaining about the lack of pub-goers but doesn't put it down to the Smoking ban, but down to Tescos, Asda, Morrisons and Sainsburys et al all selling beer at silly prices. Before Xmas his local supermarket was selling 20 tins Guinness for £15, 20 Cans Lager £12. He says how can you compete with that when the Brewers and Gov give you a minimum price to sell at? He can't go out to the Supermarket and buy beer which is being sold at less than he buys it at to resell again as he'd get kicked out of his pub.

So the closures aren't just down to the smoking ban.

Tarring on the lungs covers the tissue, and helps slow down the effect of chemical attacks and reagents that stop respiratory functions (such as from the inhalation of mustard gas). Not a situation you want to be in, but some heavy smokers have had the fortune of living through brief exposure :)

Tarring on the lungs covers the tissue, and helps slow down the effect of chemical attacks and reagents that stop respiratory functions (such as from the inhalation of mustard gas). Not a situation you want to be in, but some heavy smokers have had the fortune of living through brief exposure :)

you know that might just help me live a bit longer with all the crap i breath in

Archived