Brain Damaged Blamed For Road Rage

gazza

We have to remember here that a LADY who is approaching 60 next year was hospitalised with a fractured cheek bone, she then suffered a reaction within a few days and lost her speech and she can now hardly walk. The accident happened at the beginning of TT practice week in 2007 when she would have picked up her two highest earning weeks for the year as a TAXI DRIVER. Her compensation is £1,500 when is likely that she will never work again and she would have probably earnt that in TT fortnight!

Questions I ask are:-

Why have the courts changed there previous stance or headlines of "ABUSE TO TAXI DRIVERS" will not be tolerated. In a previous incident where a man from Kirk Michael KICKED a taxi (Not the driver) he got jailed! How he must have wished that he punched the driver instead and got away with it!

This guy previously crashed a high powered car on test drive which resulted in an accident.

After the accident at the Legion he drove off scraping the side of the taxi

Why was he not charged with driving offences in the above situation?

There was CCTV footage available from the Legion, was this viewed and what happened to the results from this?

Why was the police officer who arrived at the scene laughing and joking with the defendent?

Why was the defendent not tested at the scene for drink or drugs?

If the defendent has brain damage then I reason with the potential capability to carry out such actions and have an element of sympathy for him. But surely he should be placed in care himself not left at home to care for his new born baby as a house husband. Am I missing the plot here but my dreaded scene is that the baby does not stop crying and guess what happens next......

To me the victim (In my case not the defendent!) has been let down by everyone other than the amazing support and well wishes of the public who are appalled at the verdict of the courts and give her strength to get though these tough times.

My advice to anyone who becomes a victim in similar cases to this is to get a good lawyer!

When the luxurious new Jurby hotel, complete with swimming pool and gymnasium is open, I might just kick out at a taxi to obtain a few weeks inside as the way courts deal with matters it will be safer than living outside it!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have to remember here that a LADY who is approaching 60 next year was hospitalised with a fractured cheek bone, she then suffered a reaction within a few days and lost her speech and she can now hardly walk. The accident happened at the beginning of TT practice week in 2007 when she would have picked up her two highest earning weeks for the year as a TAXI DRIVER. Her compensation is £1,500 when is likely that she will never work again and she would have probably earnt that in TT fortnight!

Questions I ask are:-

Why have the courts changed there previous stance or headlines of "ABUSE TO TAXI DRIVERS" will not be tolerated. In a previous incident where a man from Kirk Michael KICKED a taxi (Not the driver) he got jailed! How he must have wished that he punched the driver instead and got away with it!

This guy previously crashed a high powered car on test drive which resulted in an accident.

After the accident at the Legion he drove off scraping the side of the taxi

Why was he not charged with driving offences in the above situation?

There was CCTV footage available from the Legion, was this viewed and what happened to the results from this?

Why was the police officer who arrived at the scene laughing and joking with the defendent?

Why was the defendent not tested at the scene for drink or drugs?

If the defendent has brain damage then I reason with the potential capability to carry out such actions and have an element of sympathy for him. But surely he should be placed in care himself not left at home to care for his new born baby as a house husband. Am I missing the plot here but my dreaded scene is that the baby does not stop crying and guess what happens next......

To me the victim (In my case not the defendent!) has been let down by everyone other than the amazing support and well wishes of the public who are appalled at the verdict of the courts and give her strength to get though these tough times.

My advice to anyone who becomes a victim in similar cases to this is to get a good lawyer because you can't rely on anyone else!

I write this at a time when last week whilst out walking I bumped into a man who murdered his wife a few years ago. Whilst I know the man, I felt total anger that his beautiful wife is no longer with us and yet he is now walking the streets enjoying his life.

When the luxurious new Jurby hotel, complete with swimming pool and gymnasium is open, I might just kick out at a taxi to obtain a few weeks inside as the way courts deal with matters it will be safer than living outside it!

So are we to assume that after this, he still has a driving license? I can't find anything on iomonline. Surely to god he shouldn't have his license if he's a danger to himself & those around him.

Archived