[BBC News] Road blocked after icy road crash

Newsbot

Drivers being taught how to drive to the road conditions is all that is required. people just need to set off 5-10 minutes earlier and drive slower.

Presumbably everyone does the same as the DoT and doesn't realise it's icy until they're scraping ice off their windscreens..."Shit, there's ice on the wagon boys, better get the gritter ready fella!"

I drove over the mountain to Ramsey this morning from eight am.Windy corner was really icy,a lass in a micra had gone off,as I nearly did,the change in road conditions just at that corner was due to a big dollop of sea mist just on that corner.I came across the accident after the verandah,met the gritter at Guthries,too late boys.

Drivers being taught how to drive to the road conditions is all that is required. people just need to set off 5-10 minutes earlier and drive slower.

Presumbably everyone does the same as the DoT and doesn't realise it's icy until they're scraping ice off their windscreens..."Shit, there's ice on the wagon boys, better get the gritter ready fella!"

"Shit, there's ice on the wagon boys, better just get two bacon & egg baps before we get the gritter ready fella!" :P

Archived