[BBC News] Vehicle causes £1,000 park damage

Newsbot

I wonder how our police missed it, it being opposite the police station and all? well it was cold and raining, so they are asking anyone who saw anything, or spots a muddy car to come to them with information [ its still chilly outside]

Pity we couldnt fight wars like our force police the island, paperwork projectiles, appeals for info on radio armamaments, video reruns of the battles 2 days later. Its hardly Zulu :(

Mollag - you don't ask for much! First you want a policeman standing on every street corner down in town in case someone gets beaten up, and now you want them stood outside the station watching out for cars driving on grass.......

If you stand outside Police HQ and look out at Nobles Park, you cross a road, a carpark, some grass, another road, a 6 foot fence and then you get to the Park itself. The damage was across the far side by the toilets so even if there was a policeman standing outside the station, unless he happened to have his binoculars with him, I doubt he would have seen them anyway!

If you were a policeman, what would you do regarding this? Increase patrols around the park? I'm not aware that this has happened before, but maybe we'll suddenly see a mass of officers standing around the park - just in case it happens again.....

Mollag - you don't ask for much! First you want a policeman standing on every street corner down in town in case someone gets beaten up, and now you want them stood outside the station watching out for cars driving on grass.......

If you stand outside Police HQ and look out at Nobles Park, you cross a road, a carpark, some grass, another road, a 6 foot fence and then you get to the Park itself. The damage was across the far side by the toilets so even if there was a policeman standing outside the station, unless he happened to have his binoculars with him, I doubt he would have seen them anyway!

If you were a policeman, what would you do regarding this? Increase patrols around the park? I'm not aware that this has happened before, but maybe we'll suddenly see a mass of officers standing around the park - just in case it happens again.....

Yo Andrew, i was looking to try a bit of irony with that post rather than cure the ills of the force which is being dealt with in another posting.

It seems very "oirish" to appeal for witneses when the closest occupied building is the nick. granted they dont have line of site, but to ask the public on the radio look for and report on any muddy cars, well it says it all.

Sir R Flanangan has just reported the obvious but we have heard it all before, reduce our paperwork with civvy clerks and we can put more bobbies on the street, it wont happen willingly by the force, they can only be compelled to fulfill their proper function by external bodies. { and this the policeman who has had to publicly apologise for the inept investigation of the tragic bombings in Ulster]

Foot patrols work, they worked in Belfast, they worked in Basra, very hairy places, Ive no doubt the squaddies would have prefered to sit in the barracks and watch it all on monitors but they are employed to patrol and patrol they do.

The police force try so hard to emulate a military force, perhaps they could re learn the art of foot patroling.

The damage was across the far side by the toilets so even if there was a policeman standing outside the station, unless he happened to have his binoculars with him, I doubt he would have seen them anyway!

Then maybe they could put a CCTV camera up by the toliets just in case ... oh no they've done that before haven't they and look what happened!

Just spotted an article on teletext where th ASSociation of Chief Police officers think that neighborhood watchers should do more like patrol high crime areas and report on car license infringements :o

Stone me, you couldnt make it up----------------Pay us for not doing the job and you can do the job for nix----

they need rooting :(

Archived