Just Imagine

Lonan3

Entirely hypothetical, of course; but just imagine if...

Someone who'd recently served a drink-driving ban applied to the RTLC for a taxi badge, and was allowed to have one.

Imagine that other concerned cabbies tried to point out that it wasn't right and were firmly told to mind their own business because they knew nothing of the circumstances.

Now take your imagination even further and try to visualize that a bit of a cock up had been made ,and the driver had never actually surrendered the licence that ought to have been endorsed with the deatils of the offence.

Then try stepping into the realms of fantasy. Picture this driver being removed by the police from the taxi that was being driven and the taxi being taken away by the police.

Would this mean that the court system was at fault for not checking that the license had been surrendered? Would it mean that the RTLC were so inefficient that they should consider resignation?

If the driver had been involved in an accident and the insurers, quite rightly, refused to pay up, who would have been responsible?

As I say, its all hypothetical. It's just my imagination running wild, isn't it? I mean, you'd expect a story like that to make the local papers or the local radio news, wouldn't you? So it must be just imaginary, mustn't it? :huh:

Imagine a taxi driver who killed a pedestrian. Police couldn't test for drink in those days because the hospital wouldn't allow it. Got off scott free. Folk said he must have been drunk because he had never been sober since a teenager.

Later got banned for drink driving in another incident but still ran a taxi firm. Ban lifted now and drives down to the pub every day.

Not much you can do about it.

Entirely hypothetical, of course; but just imagine if...

Someone who'd recently served a drink-driving ban applied to the RTLC for a taxi badge, and was allowed to have one.

Imagine that other concerned cabbies tried to point out that it wasn't right and were firmly told to mind their own business because they knew nothing of the circumstances.

Now take your imagination even further and try to visualize that a bit of a cock up had been made ,and the driver had never actually surrendered the licence that ought to have been endorsed with the deatils of the offence.

Then try stepping into the realms of fantasy. Picture this driver being removed by the police from the taxi that was being driven and the taxi being taken away by the police.

Would this mean that the court system was at fault for not checking that the license had been surrendered? Would it mean that the RTLC were so inefficient that they should consider resignation?

If the driver had been involved in an accident and the insurers, quite rightly, refused to pay up, who would have been responsible?

As I say, its all hypothetical. It's just my imagination running wild, isn't it? I mean, you'd expect a story like that to make the local papers or the local radio news, wouldn't you? So it must be just imaginary, mustn't it? :huh:

I may be being a bit thick or naive about this.

Right, this imaginary taxi driver served his ban. Assuming he had told his insurers, as required, about the endorsement and ban (presumably his premium would be adjusted accordingly)what reason could they have for not paying out in the event of an accident.?

Is the suggestion that Mr Nobody told the insurers he had no endorsements on his licence (which i suppose technically he didn't, sorry, wouldn't have)?

Right, this imaginary taxi driver served his ban. Assuming he had told his insurers, as required, about the endorsement and ban (presumably his premium would be adjusted accordingly)what reason could they have for not paying out in the event of an accident.?

Is the suggestion that Mr Nobody told the insurers he had no endorsements on his licence (which i suppose technically he didn't, sorry, wouldn't have)?

Just for the sake of argument, let's say that this 'imaginary' driver not only failed to inform the insurers, but failed to retake the driving test which was a condition of the ban.

Just for the sake of argument, of course.

Just for the sake of argument, let's say that this 'imaginary' driver not only failed to inform the insurers, but failed to retake the driving test which was a condition of the ban.

Just for the sake of argument, of course.

I get you now, I'd put Mr Nobody in an imaginary jail. Although in this type of hypothetical situation the agencies mentioned should also not escape scott free. (Anyone know the origin of this expression? Not a quiz I'd just like to know)

I'm imagining that the taxi driver has MASSIVE hairy hands, like really abnormally HUUUUUGE, and wears two bowler hats at all times.

and he has a 14" black rubber cock hanging from his rear view mirror....

I'm imagining that the taxi driver has MASSIVE hairy hands, like really abnormally HUUUUUGE, and wears two bowler hats at all times.

I'm imagining that the taxi driver driving me is from the cast of St Trinnians (no,not the caretaker),suddenly pulls into a lay by on a deserted country road, turns to face me and whispers........

What is the point of this thread? So you can spread implied rumours about people while woefully trying to avoid responsibility?

In the hope that one of the local journos might follow it up and possibly prevent any covering up.

Archived