Splendid Mobile Phone For Sale

ride

Hello everyone,

I am selling my trusty Samsung D820 mobile phone. It's given me very good service for the last 18 months or so and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, but when I came to get a new contract at the MT shop the other day, they were unable to offer me a lower monthly tariff in return for not taking a new handset at the same time, so I just got a new phone regardless, and in doing so increased my carbon footprint a bit and ever so slightly brought forward the point at which human life on the planet earth will inevitably become unsustainable.

(They do have 'SIM only' deals, but that just results in getting more free minutes and texts for the same amount of money, and since I don't use enough of them to tickle the toes of even the lowliest contracts, it made more sense to get a new phone. And I suppose I did fancy a new phone as well, now I come to think about it.)

So, anyway, the D820 is actually a euro-spec phone, it's basically the UK D800 but quadband instead of triband (I guess the more bands one has, the merrier), and it's got a Micro SD card slot, which the D800 doesn't have. (I got the D820 on import from Swift, which means it comes with an exciting German manual as well as English, and you'll need to use the (provided) plug adapter to charge it.)

Review (and specs) of the D800 here:

http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk/samsung-d800.htm

And the extra bit for the D820 here:

http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk/samsung-d820.htm

However, if you value your sanity you may want to steer clear of the user reviews, many of which appear to have been written by recently lobotomised braindead baboons:

thiz fone iz of da hook bruv. in it thogh, its so cool. itz the coolezt fone ever. in it man. who agrre blad

I think that means he likes the D800, but it may also mean he's a congenital retard - the jury is out.

As you can see from the attached pics, I've got all the original packaging, manuals, and cables. (USB, power, and TV out cables, along with headphones.) It's been a Manx handset from new so I'm guessing it'll only work as an IOM based mobile, although I'm sure the sinister criminal fraternity could 'unlock' it should the need arise. Screen is perfect, no damage to the case itself, back of the phone has 'pocket scuffs' but other than that it's basically as new - battery gives three to five days of use between charges (depending on usage), not as good as when it was new, but not far off either.

Personally speaking I'd say it's the best mobile I've ever had (I've had Samsungs since I got a D500 a few years ago, and have stuck with them 'cause I reckon they're consistently better than Nokia and Sony Ericsson), if you're used to other Samsungs then you'll slip into the D820 like a comfortable (if rather oddly mobile phone shaped) pair of slippers, I've replaced it with a Samsung G600, which I chose purely on the strength of the fact it's the most like the D820 that MT had on their shelves.

Cross my palm with £50 worth of Manx silver - and it's yours.

Drop me a PM if interested.

(Amazon still want £156 for a D800 - the cheeky capitalist scum!)

post-11785-1202663019_thumb.jpg

post-11785-1202663029_thumb.jpg

post-11785-1202663040_thumb.jpg

Sorry don't want to buy the phone but reading some of the reviews;

i think it is da bomb and i think all those 1 stars are so badly lying it is like way betta than any nokia

IT IS THE BEST PHONE WITH BLUE TOOTTHAND EVERY THINK

dis phone is da best ever!!

Word!

Sorry don't want to buy the phone but reading some of the reviews;

i think it is da bomb and i think all those 1 stars are so badly lying it is like way betta than any nokia

IT IS THE BEST PHONE WITH BLUE TOOTTHAND EVERY THINK

dis phone is da best ever!!

Word!

Yeah I can't quite work out if those kinds of 'reviews' reaffirm my faith in the infinite ability of humanity to express itself in hitherto unknown (but equally valid) means, or, when it comes down to it, we're just a bunch of numb twats after all.

However, whatever the universal truth may be, someone should buy my old phone, because it really is a seriously good bargain.

Or rather, FUK ME BLANG THIS FONE THA MOTHAFOCKIN BOM WIV THA FUKIN BLOOTOOTH AN THA BITZCHES YO BETTA THAN ANY SHIT MOTHAFOCKA. DICK UP HO'!

Could all potential purchasers please form an orderly line.

Why does no one want this phone? Is everyone stupid, or something?

Perhaps my advertising skills are lacking.

I might give it to charity so I can feel warm and fuzzy inside, and so that a starving African can be given a mobile phone that's utterly useless to him.

SOLD to a man of superior intellect and exquisitely good taste.

My faith in humanity is restored, but a starving African will now be minus a mobile phone, which is kind of tragic.

Shit happens I suppose.

Archived