Bmc Overhaul Has Been Canx

ayummymummy

Passengers getting letters in the post to explain the overhaul has been cancelled.

This is due to the SP not being able to find a suitable freight vessel.

Penciled in for new dates in April - yet to be confirmed.

didn't they look on the beach at Blackpool?

So what happens if BMC suffers a breakdown now? I know she is reliable but something can go wrong at any time.

Both seacats are still being prepared for the coming season, but neither are any good for freight.

Talk about running on a shoestring!

Just hope that the select committee ask some probing questions about this when they meet again in a few weeks time to hear the latest spin from Woodward & co.

Passengers getting letters in the post to explain the overhaul has been cancelled.

This is due to the SP not being able to find a suitable freight vessel.

Penciled in for new dates in April - yet to be confirmed.

Passengers on the Ben are getting letters to tell them the overhaul has been cancelled? I'm not sure I understand - why would they tell the passengers? If the ben was supposed to have been getting overhauled then it wouldn't have been running in the first place and there there wouldn't be any passengers to inform?

I'm confused now? :ermm:

Also I've got tickets for the Ben at the end of march - do I need to start making contingency plans?

Also I've got tickets for the Ben at the end of march - do I need to start making contingency plans?

You don't already have a contingency plan? You realise that it's the Steam Packet and contingency's are a necessity when dealing with them!

You don't already have a contingency plan? You realise that it's the Steam Packet and contingency's are a necessity when dealing with them!

Well, in that case my contingency plan is to fume, stay at home and tell the family to post the easter eggs instead.

Do I take it now that the Seacat won't be returning as promised for day trips until later?

You may not want to go on one when you see the price - quote from "A Word With Woodward" - "There’s a selection of special events and day trips for 2008 – starting at £139 per person."

:o

Do I take it now that the Seacat won't be returning as promised for day trips until later?

You may not want to go on one when you see the price - quote from "A Word With Woodward" - "There’s a selection of special events and day trips for 2008 – starting at £139 per person."

:o

That's a bit steep even for them.

Still, new "retro" logo looks nice.

The day trip starting from £139.00 per person is to the British Superbikes - Oulton Park departing on the 20th July.

This includes your return sea crossing, 1 nights bed and breakfast at a premier inn and the entry ticket to the race track.

The above is based on 2 people sharing a twin/double room and can either be a motorbike and 2 people or a car and 4 people.

Golf day trips are also be offered by Steam Packet Holidays at a cost of £89.00 per person and this includes return sea crossing with a breakfast voucher, coach transfer to/from the course, tea/coffee on arrival the round of golf and a evening meal.

Now I don't even like bikes or golf but to me that seems like value for money. Details taken from their website and brochure.

Archived