Douglas Promenade Reconstruction Will Cost £10m

Sharp

David Christian of Douglas Corpy fame want to build a Greenhouse in the Sunken Gardens, Loch Prom as part of the £10million improvements to Douglas prom due to start in 2009

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he's not going to be paying for it is he so he can suggest anything

He pays Douglas rates as he's in Hills ward so technically that statement is incorrect. Or, indeed, ILLOGICAL.

Indeed Mr Spock!

But aren't the sunken gardens a bad idea? i.e. in the winter when the sea washes over the prom and brings with it stones and debris, isn't there a chance that the glass might get broken on a frequent basis and because they are sunken stand a greater risk of being flooded?

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Douglas-pro...cost.3765099.jp

Exactly what kind of justification I wonder have they dreamed up for this?

Even the man himself has stated it would result in 3 to 4 years of mayhem (and I don't doubt that for one second). Yet there's no mention on there of what the reason/benefit for this vast expenditure is, so can anyone else figure out what the money wasting crackpots might have in mind besides moving a few palm trees that are probably just fine where they are?

I like the comment about not being able to afford a bit of a roof over part of the gardens too. It's probably for the best given that they'd probably do a bad job to begin with, then let it get vandalised & ruined so it looks like an eyesore anyway.

Can you imagine the traffic bedlam? Given that they've already quite cleverly made other roads one way and ruined the traffic flow in Douglas as it is, the consequences of chopping up & rebuilding the prom for no good reason (apparently) doesn't bear thinking about.

I quite like that 'aged' look that Morcombe has managed to acheive. Can't we just go for that? we already have the bronze statues of wisdom and formby, i do wonder how what we're going to use instead of the massive derelict polo tower though. A jar of manx knobs?

Archived