Douglas Promenade Reconstruction Will Cost £10m

Sharp

Bring back the model boat pond........................

edit to add

And that machine that printed out those metal label thingys.

Oh Happy days.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the Corpy or Government could relocate everyone to the UK whilst they cause 3-4 years of mayhem??

If everyone was out of the way, then maybe it could be done within 2-3 years???

Maybe there would be more space for some, errr let me think, apartments?? Not forgetting the car parks - as is the law?

Bring back the model boat pond........................

edit to add

And that machine that printed out those metal label thingys.

Oh Happy days.

Cmon now, what was your first swearword on old stampy? mine was tw@, i carried it round for years---retro dymo machine :lol:

The prom will mirror the look of North Quay, loads of paved areas and less parking, all commercials will be banned from parking on the prom (law is already in place). A taxi rank at the end of every entrance the the main shoping area and presure is to be put on AXA to develope their site in regents street.

the biggest issue with the prom is that it's just an old cart track that has been tarmaced on over and over - it needs to be redone with proper foundations etc.

Should be funn, I wonder if all these new buildings will stand up to it, The one JGKs built on Harris prom looks in a right mess and it only a couple of years old.

the biggest issue with the prom is that it's just an old cart track that has been tarmaced on over and over - it needs to be redone with proper foundations etc.

Why?

Is it really all falling down around us & we haven't spotted it? I'm not being fascetious (sp?), I just really don't see why it does need doing when it's such an enormous amount of dosh*. Have there been lots of unbiased reports that say it's dangerous and is all going to fall apart if it's not rebuilt?

It seems to work just fine how it is from what I can see, ie it's a road that goes one way, and goes the other way too. What's to go wrong?

Sorry, but in the absence of more reasons/facts/findings I don't get it.

*Surely it'd be much better spent when they do up Queen's pier to add a decent monorail to it ;)

Howl on yessir, thats new from scratch, its the 2nd prom reclaimed from the sea, it was never a cart track.

1st prom sea wall still visable as part of main wall in the lane at the rear of the Methodist Church, prior to that all the loch prom was beach.

can anyone else figure out what the money wasting crackpots might have in mind besides moving a few palm trees that are probably just fine where they are?

Put a glass roof over, and you can have a better class of palm tree inside. It'd be like a tropical house, sweltering when the sun's out. You'd need a cafe to help keep you hydrated :rolleyes:

The idea of another cafe as described fills me with dread after my wife's nightmare experience in that awful apology for a cafe in Mooragh Park. I have never ever heard of a place where staff can be so uncaring about basic hygiene.

'What they are looking at is redoing the whole roadway from one end to the other. It's going to be mayhem for three or four years,' said Mr Christian.

There's no justification for scoping the project over such a short period if it's going to cause 'mayhem'. He's treating his job as town planner; if this is the kind of stance he's going to take there's not much place for him..

How's this for an idea as I've always wondered the usages of MHK's and such like

http://www.seeing-stars.com/Immortalized/StarPrint.shtml

With reference the above link and with the MHK's, MLC and other high ranking officials in mind, I thought that they could do something similar along the length of the prom

http://www.sethwhite.org/images/palmer2004...ment%20face.jpg

It just needs another layer of cement and it's complete :P

The only problem is if the prom would be long enough for all the MHK's, never mind other officials :lol:

Archived