Douglas Already Has A Giant Gull Sculpture..?

%age

Eh thats clever isnt it? Who said modern architecture was rubbish? (just a pity the building standards aren't quite what they used to be so its unlikely that it will be there to be marveled at in 100 years time) There are a few nice pieces of modern stuff that are canny like that, the power station is a bit like a boat (I think).

Anyone spotted the wooden seat / sculpture at Quines Corner ?

Is it a seat? I tried sitting on it last Friday night and it was quite cool. Some people view public art as a waste of money but I personally think that its a god thing on the whole.

Why do you incessantly bang on about religion? Look, it is a matter of personal choice and, provided you don't foist your views on me, I won't foist mine on you. :cool:

Anyone spotted the wooden seat / sculpture at Quines Corner ?

I have no idea what it cost but it's more original than a bronze George Formby

You mean this thing? Maybe they have finally taken up my earlier idea and started with the world's biggest paper weight...

01-1.jpg

02-1.jpg

03-1.jpg

On a different note - the old foam gag still seems to be going - always a favourite...

04-1.jpg

...........the power station is a bit like a boat (I think).

It's the Architect, they had a thing going during that period where everything they did was all curved roof's and boat like. Possibly something to do with us being on an island and stuff. This is borne out by the incinerator too, as this was designed by a Danish firm if I remember correctly. Seems they all like the sails.

Archived