Improving The Town

monasqueen

David Christian on Man Radio Today

Apparently, Douglas has improved a lot since David Christian became a councillor - hotels have been demolished, apartments have been built etc..

One comment of his confuses me (is it just me?). He says "We've mananged to keep the sweep of the bay"

Sorry, but were there plans to demolish the sea walls?

David Christian on Man Radio Today

Apparently, Douglas has improved a lot since David Christian became a councillor - hotels have been demolished, apartments have been built etc..

One comment of his confuses me (is it just me?). He says "We've mananged to keep the sweep of the bay"

Sorry, but were there plans to demolish the sea walls?

No, apparently the tide was fed up with Douglas and was going to concentrate more on Laxey and Ramsey, however after much persuasion it decided to stay focussed on Douglas

The town has moved on in ‘leaps and bounds’ in recent years, but adds a small minority of ratepayers are letting the side down.

Its hard to see what he is suggesting here.

What he probably means is that developers have superficially tidied up the town with their empty apartment blocks, whilst the old Douglas residents are now letting the side down with their scruffy unrefurbished residencies. Plus those "old" shops are looking a bit tatty so why not rip those down as well and turn them into coffee shops - we need more of those!

The truth is that every year Douglas gets a bigger dump, and so few people live in the centre of town now its virtually dead after 5:00pm.

Still we all know that a few crappy street sculptures and a useless re-vamp of the Quay is all we need to make the town better.

. . . . is there an election coming up or something?

It's becoming a little too obvious now, isn't it?

has there been a day in the last 2 weeks when Mr C hasn't been on the radio. You can tell he's lining up for an election as he's practising the art of U turns.

Q: Would you like some free consultancy to promote the horse trams;

A: No, No, N No, No.... Yes! (Vicar of Dibley esque)

Archived