[BBC News] Special display for Manx artist

Newsbot

Shit, I was hoping it would be a retrospective of a talented local artist I hadn't heard of, but unfortunately it's only more tedious tat from Archibald Knox. Why does Newsbot always pick the vaguest titles for his threads you have to open the thread, which still doesn't get to the point so you have to click the link, only to find you aren't interested.

• 5 months later...

Archibald Knox has an amazing legacy of promoting art nouveau expression of manx culture and I'm one of a growing number of proud Manx members of the Archibald Knox society.

http://www.archibaldknoxsociety.com/

His monument to Hall Caine in Maughold cemetry is astounding - yet all too neglected (along with the crosses and other aspects of Maughold celtic history). Presumably those who regard the Manx crosses and Knox's work as 'tedious tat' are responsible for this tragic neglect...

How many other manx artists can boast Brad Pitt as a collector of their work?...!

When you visit Glasgow and experience their (well deserved) recognition of Charles Rennie Macintosh you realise how far the island has to go to do justice to the amazing work of Archibald Knox. Respect!

How many other manx artists can boast Brad Pitt as a collector of their work?...!

I don't think Knox will be boasting, but even if he was alive, I doubt he would boast that some pretty boy second rate actor collected his work. It means f*ck all.

Archived