Dogs Home Reborn ?

cheeky boy

3 hours ago, notwell said:

I think old isle of Man pictures in general are interesting.   As a northerner old Rhumsaa in particular :lol:

Come on now Notty, that's not fair.

He may have lost his boyish looks, but to call him old is not quite cricket fella. :)Image result for old man

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Great photos Mollag. Good stuff this. I was thinking it was quite a size by the first pic of the demolition. It was before my time I'm afraid but I'm fascinated by old Douglas.

Anything in partic that you like? I have a large portfoilio, or so the ladies tell me [well one did]  

This shot is my Great Grandfathers Barber shop on North Quay, Douglas, next to the Coffee Palace.

tobins barber shop.jpg

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Nice one Mollag. If it's not a daft question what are all those pictures(?) in the window ?

I particularly like pictures of old pubs / hotels. Anything really though....much appreciated.

The story of your relative really adds poignancy to the photo too. Thanks for sharing that. 

..it was a shared shop, newsagent front, barbers rear so, as the area served sailors and passengers, postcards seem likely.--- A fuller shot of the area.

Coffee Palace.jpg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, quilp said:

I'm sure Max Power will be familiar with these images. The last one is of the big open space on which Markwell House now stands. Owned by my grandfather at one time too...

large_PG_8224_17_54d.jpg

hillpreview_PG_0495_1.jpg

The smaller image was Jackie Fayles yard, on the site of one of three tanneries in the area, fed from the hides from [cattle] Market street. The arched entrance leads to Well rd Hill.

• Like 2