Who'll Do The Work?

Lonan3

I never thought i would say it but here goes, my attitude towards the Polish has changed for the worse since Christmas, I find them very grabbing and self centered.

Where I work the Polish make up just over 10% of the workforce, I have helped out several of the Polish now, making phone calls as their English isn't adequate enough, tried to help them get a loan, sorted out insurance for a car that had been involved ina car accident, let them borrow my pc (in my own home) to print stuff off , they have taken Avon goods from my surplus box promising to pay the next day at work....... (I am still waiting for the money and have asked several times this has been ongoing since the start of December and I know I am not going to see the money now) They have never even offered to pay for phone calls.

At work we have been told to tolerate them, I certainly have done more than that as you can see from above.... but they segregate themselves.... they sit in their little groups on the staff room, laugh and joke in Polish, there was an incident last week where 2 of the girls were hystercal and on the floor laughing and us Brits were sat looking at each other wondering which of us were the joke. I have kicked off about this, because there are intimidating us, not the other way round.

We are not allowed to take more than 2 weeks of our holiday at any one time, but how can the Polish take a month unpaid in the summer and also a month unpaid at Christmas?

We now have a new Polish lad working with us, he seems to be off a different clan, and hasn't had much luck since living in England. He had a problem with his bank and i asked one of the Polish who I have helped out loads to help him......... and he turned round and said "No, it is not my problem". I was gobsmacked, and now waiting to be asked upon for help and I ahve my answer ready. There really isn't any loyalty amongst them, You would have thought in a foreign country that they would look out for each other.

The above is just the tip of the iceberg........ All of us at work who have tried helping them have experienced this.

It is very rarely I ask anyone for help, but I do like to show my appreciation with maybe a card, bottle of wine, chocs etc. But they dont seem to care.

Insert english instead of polish and its apt

Perhaps you should move then.

BTW your profile picture concerns me - but hey if that's what you and your friends want to get up to it's a free country (well since 1992 at least). Mec Vannin meeting was it?

macix1.gif

NWS!

Removed the picture from profile - bit over the line....

Back to suicidal horse trams now.

Archived