V Festival 2008

Miss Take

Gonna try and get tickets for this year. Muse are headlining and confirmed - top notch.

Other rumoured acts are:-

The Prodigy - Yay, if true

The Verve, Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian - all yay

Hard Fi - hmm, like their music but not sure they rate live

Coldplay - were great when I saw them at V in 2001 but they make me cringe these days

Panic at the Disco - meh

Shed Seven, The Charlatans, Ian Brown - could be good in a nostalgic kind of way

The Feeling - I actually really like them so may disguise myself and get to the front.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gonna try and get tickets for this year. Muse are headlining and confirmed - top notch.

Would love to go, but me missus flatly refuses to face the bogs again. Muse will be awsome, see they've announced an Albert Hall gig today?

Yep, I shall be attempting to get tickets for that too.

Muse will be ace, my mate saw them at Wembley and said they were shit hot. You went to that one too didn't you Miss Take? There are rumours that Greenday will be headlining Leeds, which I'd love to see, I'd probably have to take the kids with me though....already had a holiday without them this year, can't expect hubby to look after time everytime I fancy a jaunt!

I'll probably try and get tickets for both V and Leeds, don't fancy Glastonbury this year but I've registered for it so we'll see.

Muse will be ace, my mate saw them at Wembley and said they were shit hot. You went to that one too didn't you Miss Take? There are rumours that Greenday will be headlining Leeds, which I'd love to see, I'd probably have to take the kids with me though....already had a holiday without them this year, can't expect hubby to look after time everytime I fancy a jaunt!

I'll probably try and get tickets for both V and Leeds, don't fancy Glastonbury this year but I've registered for it so we'll see.

Yeah, saw Muse at Wembley and they were friggin awesome. They really know how to put on a show. Would be nice to see them at both V and the RAH - two completely different environments.

V festival - yeuck! talk about nannied festival, everytime I go I say "Never again" and then next time I'm sucked into going again by that damned Prodigy. Well no no no I am not going ever again. But I hope you all enjoy it lots :)

You'll be the same twat winging glasto used to be better too, before it got all commercial? Festosnob!

Festosnob!

Yep! and with good qualification too. Glasto is not having Lost Vagueness this year, that is the last part of 'the spirit of the festival' going (betcha I still go though). Lovie, I have been going to see live music all my adult life, be it festivals, concerts, whatever - music is what I like best - I dont really like to queue up to buy a token to exchange for a beer that is only valid for 1 day of a 3 dat event, that is nannied.

Are you saying Glastonbury is as good as it was years ago? :whistling:

Yep! and with good qualification too. Glasto is not having Lost Vagueness this year, that is the last part of 'the spirit of the festival' going (betcha I still go though). Lovie, I have been going to see live music all my adult life, be it festivals, concerts, whatever - music is what I like best - I dont really like to queue up to buy a token to exchange for a beer that is only valid for 1 day of a 3 dat event, that is nannied.

Are you saying Glastonbury is as good as it was years ago? :whistling:

No, festivals aren't ever going to be like they were years ago, because mushies turned class A, and everything else is just too much bother. So you've got pissed folks instead of stoned folks, which is very different, but that's true of all festivals.

Last time I was at V, you bought your tickets for the whole weekend, seemed like a sensible system.

I'll be trying to get tickets,. hopefully going to v and glastonbury this year.

well chuffed that muse are headlining, seen them twice before and they are one of the best live bands i've seen.

Hope the charlatans rumour is true too

Archived