V Festival 2008

Miss Take

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am thinking about going to oxegen again this year. Last year was brilliant!(thankyou foxtrotlima!)

Oh come on, don't tease - you know you want to! I am taking the son again this year along with his girlfriend. Come and keep me company so I don't look like a total lush drinking vodka and fanta for breakfast! The line up is looking pretty good so far...

I am taking the son again this year along with his girlfriend.

My god, they grow up quick don't they!? Saw him a few months ago sat on a wall, bottle of cider in one hand, rollie in the other and I thought, he's his mothers son! It was about 8:30 in the morning too, on a school day, I dunno, kids these days! We used to at least show our faces before going on a bender!

Disclaimer: Some of the above is lies.... :P

Re Grooverider:

A sentence of four years in jail for the inadvertent importation into Dubai of 2.16g of cannabis seems pretty draconian. But perhaps Grooverider, the unfortunate Radio 1 DJ involved, can count himself relatively lucky. This month another unfortunate British visitor to the United Arab Emirates, Keith Brown, received the same sentence for the same offence. But he had only 0.003g of the drug on his person and that was stuck to the sole of his shoe.

Poor Keith Brown.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol...icle3404292.ece

Re Grooverider:

A sentence of four years in jail for the inadvertent importation into Dubai of 2.16g of cannabis seems pretty draconian. But perhaps Grooverider, the unfortunate Radio 1 DJ involved, can count himself relatively lucky. This month another unfortunate British visitor to the United Arab Emirates, Keith Brown, received the same sentence for the same offence. But he had only 0.003g of the drug on his person and that was stuck to the sole of his shoe.

Poor Keith Brown.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol...icle3404292.ece

If it happened in the Isle of Man, Deemster Doyle would sentance him to 15 years in Prison!

not gonna bother with V this year, its like one big Manx outing. didnt go last year either, first time i missed it in 8 years.

was gonna go to Oxegen, but now i have seen that KOL and RATM are all playing Reading, were gonna go back there. also thinking of going to Coachella instead of Benicassim. hoping to get to the States this year so much!

giddy...

f*ck it anyway, get me to ChasFest! rock on Chas. :o)

RATM - I like them. The Bestival line up was released the other day, hilarious as ever. My Bloody Valentine are headlining some night, Im a bit fond of the way the man gets his voice to sound like its a machine (he might use a vocoder or something but I like to think he can do it without the aid of a machine) might be worth a looky. 808 State are playing too that's one for me nostalgia bones, I sold my last 808 State tickets to your sister SWTB (that was back in 1991 - arrrrrrgh!) after my mum said "No" to me going. Awe thats quite cute really, my mum not letting me go to gigs, she nerfed me going to see the Smiths too & first time at Glastonbury I had to lie about where I was going - bless my ikkle mummy.

No one did spot my deliberate mistake....My Bloody Valentine are not A bullet for my Valentine are they? stupid old Bee, I was trying to show my friend what I meant about the voice yesterday - erm...MBV it was not...but I was along the right lines, valentine something or other. I have My Bloody Valentine but I have no idea how it got on my Ipod, I think it must be a rogue album of my daughters (sounds like it was recorded in a toilet)

Got our tickets today - line up confirmed so far:-

V FESTIVAL 2008 LINE UP

HYLANDS PARK SATURDAY 16TH AUGUST

WESTON PARK SUNDAY 17TH AUGUST

V STAGE - MUSE - STEREOPHONICS - THE KOOKS - MAXIMO PARK - ALANIS MORISSETTE - THE FUTUREHEADS

CHANNEL 4 STAGE - THE PRODIGY - THE PIGEON DETECTIVES - NEWTON FAULKNER - THE HOOSIERS - DUFFY - AMY MACDONALD - SHED SEVEN

JJB ARENA - IAN BROWN - THE POGUES - JAMIE T - THE TWANG - SUGABABES - DAVID JORDAN

WESTON PARK SATURDAY 16TH AUGUST

HYLANDS PARK SUNDAY 17TH AUGUST

V STAGE - THE VERVE - KINGS OF LEON - AMY WINEHOUSE - LENNY KRAVITZ - THE FEELING - GIRLS ALOUD - SQUEEZE - ONE REPUBLIC

CHANNEL 4 STAGE - KAISER CHIEFS - THE ZUTONS - THE VIEW - REVEREND AND THE MAKERS - SCOUTING FOR GIRLS - THE COURTEENERS - THE RIFLES

JJB ARENA - THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS - THE CHARLATANS - HOT CHIP - TRAVIS - ROBYN

OVER 60 MORE ARTISTS TO BE ANNOUNCED ACROSS 5 STAGES

Looks like Muse and the Prodigy are gonna clash - goddamnit!

Not really, Ian Brown is shit live, Muse are on all the time and The Prodigy are not to be missed - ever :) Glad to help droidy boy.

I'd do muse I think, never seen em. Prodigy are a bit has been for my liking, and Ian Brown prolly wont show up :)

Live Acts:

My Bloody Valentine (English festival exclusive), Aphex Twin (laptop set - English festival exclusive), The Breeders, CSS, George Clinton & Funkadelic / Parliament, Gary Numan, The Human League (exclusive two performance concert), Pendulum (live), Jamie Lidell, 808 State (live), Foals, Lee Scratch Perry, Baaba Maal, Jeffrey Lewis, The Wedding Present, Metronomy, The Cuban Brothers, The Count & Sinden, Sebastien Tellier, Transglobal Underground, Two Gallants, King Creosote, Chas & Dave, Kitty Daisy & Lewis, dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip, Grand National, Ladyhawke, Ebony Bones, Joe Lean And The Jing Jang Jong, The Duke Spirit, Teenagers, Crystal Castles, Christopher D Ashley, Sportsday Megaphone, Kid Carpet, Ox.Eagle.Lion.Man, These New Puritans, Tawiah, Red Snapper, Jon Hopkins, Lets Wrestle, Little Dragon, Subway, Imperial Leisure, Gideon Conn, Zombie Zombie, George Pringle, Subgiant, The Restaurant, Cage The Elephant, Vessels, The Ghost, Peter von Poehl, St Vincent, Fuck Buttons, Drew, Micah P Hinson, Fleet Foxes, FM Belfast, Bastila & much more coming soon...

DJs:

DJ Yoda, Layo & Bushwacka!, Annie Mac, Slam, Rob da Bank, Mark Moore, DJ Hype, Bailey, TC, Sub Focus, Chase & Status, Kevin Rowland, Yuksek, Touche, Digital Mystikz with Sgt Pokes, Loefah, Kode 9 & Space Ape, Freestylers, DJ Derek, Sombrero Sound System…

How about that Mo? looking a bit fit to me. But what do I know about good festivals hey? lmfao.

Archived