Cant Find It

FCMR

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I totally agree and the thread did get messed about a lot.

Anyway, it's a shame that threads can be just locked without explanation like that.

Yes I know whose forums they are and he can do whatever he likes, but surely those members obeying the rules deserve a little more than brusque and ill tempered dismissal when querying such an unexpected locking?

I also know that if I don't like it I know the forum equivalent of "there's a boat in the morning".

cartdept.gif

I think threads like this are what annoy people.

It is an interesting and important subject, and I want to know what's going on. But over the last few months there have been so many vague threads that make no point that it's just getting tedious.

So what if FCMR has a document that he hasn't read? It's not local news. Read it, and if there's something to report, then report it.

The FCMR thread/s have provided some excellent laughs.

The forum would be a poorer place without it/them. I believe FCMR has given some of the moderators a renewed interest in the forum too which has resulted in some excellent all round entertainment.

Yes, the general topic is very serious for all concerned. But it is interesting how the forum manages to throw up its own camouflage when things get a bit too serious. Not necessarily intentional but it just seems to happen to lighten things up a bit.

Yesterday's thread diverting to buses stemmed from a conspiracy type theory remark regarding the ned thing. (pity it got split up though)

I would just have loved that thread to be read out in court. Post by post. Word for word. Picture by picture.

Oh, and to take the point a little further, all the forum people who contributed would have to be traced and appear in court (No.1, First Deemster a la Roly) and identify themselves by log-in name and avatar.

Think about it! :)

I think threads like this are what annoy people.

It is an interesting and important subject, and I want to know what's going on.  But over the last few months there have been so many vague threads that make no point that it's just getting tedious. 

So what if FCMR has a document that he hasn't read?  It's not local news.  Read it, and if there's something to report, then report it.

I have read the Document and I feel its time for members of the forum to read it. Many times Ive been asked hows the court thing going, well this Document is a fact based word for word transcript of the Tynwald select committee meeting in which members of the Government refused to answer questions in a court they wanted to look into payment of grants as a whole not just to Ned. You have said its not Local news, your wrong its proof of how the Government works.

This is a public Document, yet I was told this morning it did not exist, but as soon as I mentioned my Advocates interest they soon found it. It will not be put on the Government website as they dont wont to many people to read it.

Some say there is only one winner in all this and thats the Advocates, Im sorry your wrong you the Taxpayers will be the winners, members of this Government and future Governments will think twice before giving away your money. They have been taken on and dont like it. Read it here Documents

You have said its not Local news, your wrong its proof of how the Government works.

I said you telling people that you've not read (or read as it turns out) a document is not local news. I had no idea what was contained in the document, because you never bothered saying.

At least now you've tried to explain some of it's relevance - a big step forward. Well done. Shame you needed prompting, especially as you decided to start the thread in the first place.

Wish I was clever, I can get zilch  :(

Add yourself to the group (you have to put in an e-mail address) and then you should be in no?? You'll find it under the documents link on the left hand side - it's about 14 pages.

Archived