Mer Closed Laxey To Ramsey For Summer 2008

monasqueen

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would it have anything to do with the track refurbishment Douglas to Laxey? Maybe they've looked at the L/R section and found it needs more money than they've got available?

Not going to do passenger figures a lot of good anyway.

A shame as it's a lovely trip on a summers day.

Seem to be relaying track several places between D and L.

I've just had an awful thought - the Laxey Ramsey section will re-open won't it????????

We're not going to get the cost too much to sort out excuse are we?

I travel past these 'improvements' regularly and the pace which they work at is astounding. As many as two hours a day is passed happily hitting stuff with hammers.

Welcome to the Isle of Man. Have you seen the time they've taken to put the "porch" part over the pavement outside between the Villa and Gaiety? Was closed off well before TT last year. I know they've got the shops behind to sort out as well, but then they;ve already got half of the area behind there closed off

Clearly should have allowed the service to continue running on unsafe track.

Come on guys, its not as though Adrian went out to the track, kicked it with his toe and said 'Hmmm. Nope.'

He didn't!? Well how can he close it without even bothering to do a proper inspection, it's a shambles, a shambles I tell you!!

I don't think Adrian likes the North much, first he doesn't restore the pier, then he builds a prison in Jurby, now he cuts it off from the rest of the island by closing the trams down, he's doing road works on all the major routes into Douglas to keep everyone else out and he wants to spend trillions on putting glass over Strand Street and the prom so the beautiful surroundings can be enjoyed no matter the weather. He even robbed the Mooragh Parks water play thing to put in Nobles park.

Is this right? Who shall we vote for now!?

he wants to spend trillions on putting glass over Strand Street and the prom

As does Alan Bell I'm sure I read somewhere that he's given the money and the go ahead to spend millions on Douglas prom. But then he is an MHK for Douglas. Hmmm.

I think it was the consultants currently examining the MER who kicked the line and said "nope. Not safe mate. Gonna have to close. This is gonna cost ya... " Mr E took the safe option and decided to close the line as announced today in Tynwald.

I mean after all, it's only run for 125+ years without an accident. Bound to be one soon.

I mean after all, it's only run for 125+ years without an accident.

Believe me, you don't know how wrong you are.

I remember being about....7or 8 maybe, and a tram derailed down the road from our house, it was dead exciting! Until we remembered that we put some 2ps on the line and our friend told us we were going to get arrested for making the tram crash. Oh yeah, we're badasses in Ramsey. No wonder Earnshaw wants to keep us outta Douglas....

Archived