Mer Closed Laxey To Ramsey For Summer 2008

monasqueen

Surely it can't affect much of the line?

What happened to the guys that were working on it a few years back? If they're still on the island can't they be tasked to fix the problem area?

Same they can't just use one line, you'd have thought they could make one decent track out the 2 tracks they've got? :huh:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Surely it can't affect much of the line?

What happened to the guys that were working on it a few years back? If they're still on the island can't they be tasked to fix the problem area?

Same they can't just use one line, you'd have thought they could make one decent track out the 2 tracks they've got? :huh:

Wake up at the back, it's just waffle to appease joe bloggs.

Got any proof to back up your tinfoil hat ramblings then?

If your refering to me then yes, I knew about this before Xmas suprised it's taken this long to hit the media.

Tram sheds at port jack also getting flattend, nice big area inc summerland for more apartments. :angry:

I knew about this before Xmas suprised it's taken this long to hit the media.

Tram sheds at port jack also getting flattend, nice big area inc summerland for more apartments. :angry:

The tram sheds at Port Jack were only recently rebuilt/relaid (and they cocked that up at the first attempt). Where does the stock get stored if not there?

Surely it was not beyond rocket science to survey the track and do the winter relaying where it was most needed, rather than just pick the next section along from where they stopped last winter?

Sounds like another really prize cock-up. :angry:

At last nights commissioners meeting at Ramsey the idea of "vintage buses" was bought up as a transport option. I assume running from Laxey to Sunny Ramsey. Could be interesting.

The reason given for the train not running was because "there is a 6 month lead in for stock" this means they didn't think about how much track they may need and under-ordered. Obviously the track ha stretched over the last 6 months.

From what I gather, the track was in worse repair than they thought, so they needed more track, which wasn't budgeted for. Also metals are, like, totally expensive these days.

The vintage bus idea isn't a bad one imo. Probably the best option available anyway. Certainly no less weather proof than the open tram carriages.

I'm sorry but I've still got a bad feeling about this - I hope I'm wrong but I can see the L to R run being shut for good. The more I think about it, the more I reckon it's likely.

Archived