Should Earnshaw Resign ?

Mutley

Should Earnshaw Resign ?  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For all the mistakes he's making he was right about the PBF. I don't know enough about the MER situation but I would imagine he had experienced engineers advise him.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our Minister For Glum seems to be having a bad time ... first he refuses to support the Peel Bay Festival, then he oversees the closure of the MER Laxey to Ramsey section followed by his failure to do anything to help keep the Viking Festival.

In the words of the MER society "To him we say; In the Name of God Go. You have let the Manx people and in particular the people of Ramsey and the North down. Be gone with you, we have all had enough."

Is it time for him to go ?

In the words of the MER society "To him we say; In the Name of God Go. You have let the Manx people and in particular the people of Ramsey and the North down. Be gone with you, we have all had enough."

Is it time for him to go ?

We can't have a bunch of religious trainspotters formulating policy.

For all the mistakes he's making he was right about the PBF. I don't know enough about the MER situation but I would imagine he had experienced engineers advise him.

I think the question is when did the UK engineers advise that the track should be replaced - MR, if I remember rightly (it was the 7.30 news this morning :D) said that they did their inspection last year. Now this could be December of course, but if it was earlier then surely there would've been enough time to order the new track and get it replaced in the Spring, rather than shutting the line for the entire Summer season and losing out on any funds that it does make?

I don't know if he had anything to do with it, but I think this is a great tourism initiative. Wouldn't it be good to make this a full time attraction / theme park - especially given the local connection. If IoM established the main TTE theme park, I think that could bring in hundred of tourists - some won't have a choice given demands from their kids. Maybe something in conjuction with MER??

Viking Festival - huh?

IOM Today

Ball - home.

You said It

Earnshaw should not have to resign because Jonathan Irving cannot get his own way.

JI spat the dummy over not having it his way at the PBF and now the timber sheds (that have been on fire twice) and the toilet and shower blocks from the PBF and Viking Festival he did not have planning to store them there.

Street Heritage has had to apply for retrospective planning on more than one occasion you think he would know how it works by now.

Or should us in Peel just bend over and let JI do what he wants because he has “re-developed” some old buildings and painted them pink.

Saviour off Peel my arse!

Archived