Stealth Bomber Crashes

Bombay Bad Boy

We upset the Americans back in the late 90`s. We were at an airshow showing off our Rapier FSC and they were showing off a couple of stealth aircraft, we picked up and tracked both aircraft manuually and thought we would try to track them with radar.

They were very embarresed that we locked onto them using out trusty old DN181 radar and blamed the paint (?) that was on the current model!

This must have become common knowledge? I was talking to someone about this. I remember them telling me how funny it was that an old British radar can pick up on American stealth aircraft

Ace. :)

Seems they have a habit of overlooking a lot of simple solutions etc.

My pal in the RAF was saying after he came back from a recent tour in Afghanistan about all this horribly costly equipment the Spams were having to use in the caves & so on to try and find where there were trip wires for booby traps, along the narrow paths they had to go along.

He said they weren't best pleased when the British chaps simply started spraying silly string in front of themselves so they'd instantly see where any wires went across! :D

they cost anywhere between $1.2bn and $2.2bn depending on the spec. Someone's going to get their ass kicked for this one.

I can't believe how much something like that can cost being that it's a relatively normal size vehicle (ie not a cruise liner or something).

Is it made of solid diamonds or something FFS?

It's disturbing just how much humans will spend on ways to kill or get one over on each other. :(

I think it does include metallic paint and satnav, as standard.

But not leather interior or CD player.

Ace. :)

Seems they have a habit of overlooking a lot of simple solutions etc.

My pal in the RAF was saying after he came back from a recent tour in Afghanistan about all this horribly costly equipment the Spams were having to use in the caves & so on to try and find where there were trip wires for booby traps, along the narrow paths they had to go along.

He said they weren't best pleased when the British chaps simply started spraying silly string in front of themselves so they'd instantly see where any wires went across! :D

There is a bit of kit called "Walrus" which you attach to your leg and it has a sensor on bottom, this is designed to detect tripwires and det cords. The problem is you dont get the alarm until you have stood on the fecking wire!

Silly string/fake snow is an old but very effective trick :P

Archived