[BBC News] Youths taught workplace etiquette

Newsbot

I agree with you thebees, I think the woman has got the hump because nobody wanted her crummy job and as a result wants to waste some of our taxes to kick a few spotty teens into line.

Where, exactly, does it say anything about taxpayers funding the initiative?

Since a common sense approach to attending job interviews is clearly not being dealt with by parents or teachers, I don't see any harm in the Junior Chamber of Commerce offering a free advice service.

If, however, the applicant prefers to turn up wearing what he/she thinks is 'cool,' is more interested in the tunes being played in his/her ear than the questions being asked and would rather slump down in the chair wearing a sulky, 'it's not fair' expression - that's okay, too. As long as they don't expect to be taken seriously or actually be given a job that involves anything more taxing than using a sweeping brush.

I agree with you thebees, I think the woman has got the hump because nobody wanted her crummy job and as a result wants to waste some of our taxes to kick a few spotty teens into line.

Where, exactly, does it say anything about taxpayers funding the initiative?

Since a common sense approach to attending job interviews is clearly not being dealt with by parents or teachers, I don't see any harm in the Junior Chamber of Commerce offering a free advice service.

If, however, the applicant prefers to turn up wearing what he/she thinks is 'cool,' is more interested in the tunes being played in his/her ear than the questions being asked and would rather slump down in the chair wearing a sulky, 'it's not fair' expression - that's okay, too. As long as they don't expect to be taken seriously or actually be given a job that involves anything more taxing than using a sweeping brush.

I am one of the "ladies" that has worked very hard on this idea for the last 12 months- purely voluntary with no financial assistance from anyone, let alone the government and only the support of KPMG who has kindly done all the technical work on this.

The slogan we have been using is Local Business People coming together for the good of our future

The module will be FREE OF CHARGE to anyone who wishes to take it and we will fund the cost of the certificates.

One of the training providers has jumped on the bandwagon and is trying to get government money for a similar project- please dont confuse us with them.....

Archived