Member Of Legislative Council (mlc) Elections

nipper

MLC Election 4th March 2008  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do all those new recruits to Liberal Vannin know that Peter is nominating a Ukipper? Very odd.

Did the party's financiers ask him to put the Ukipper up?

The Ukipper is the party financier

cheeky boy - is this a fact or just being tongue-in-cheeky? Was Karran's meeting with UKIP in Channel Islands over Lisbon Treaty related to this financing? Is it Dr Dick personally financing or UKIP as a party that are financing LV?

In the interests of transparency and good government, Peter Karran should publish his party's accounts along with a list of donors

My bets are on Dr Dick as the main donor

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the interests of transparency and good government, Peter Karran should publish his party's accounts along with a list of donors

Yes - this should be expected.

I think you may be right about this, but do you have any evidence, sources etc. or is it a hunch?

How and why was Dr Dick appointed for this review? He hardly comes across as an obvious choice. It could perhaps look like it was arranged as a bit of 'grooming' to give boost to his political career in IoM. Dr Dick seems to be at the end of a few patronage strings.

Well, to be fair to him, the CSO website states that he was chairman of an NHS trust, so he has some experience when it comes to the provision of public services, and government reviews like businessmen in general because it's thought that management practices from the private sector may be used to improve those in the private sector.

Having said that, I'm not sure of the wisdom of appointing someone with such a loudly proclaimed dedication to a particular ideology to what's supposed to be an independent review of Government services (although at least at the time, 2005-2006, he had no previous ties to the Government, 4 out of 6 members of the review board had in fact occupied government positions previously)

Yes I mean in this thread, as an example it looks like I was replying to myself earlier this evening. And I almost never do that.

As an example is it only the rather ungallant comments that were aimed at Mrs Crowe, that are subject deletion, or is there another issue also that is causing trouble?

The thread seems quiet, but maybe there isn't much more to say. Dick Horsnell seems quite open about his views, and Peter Karran, obviously knowing the guy, thinks he is a suitable candidate for MLC. I've been quiet because I've been reading up on UKIP - very entertaining. :D. Mind you, Dick Horsnell's single issue gripe seems to be the EU - and not some of the crankier views associated with UKIP. I can see his point there, although I'm mostly in favour of the EU - (wish I had the same rights of establishment enjoyed by full British citizens though).

I think you may be right about this, but do you have any evidence, sources etc. or is it a hunch?

Its educated malicious gossip

BTW does anyone have the results ?

I believe Dr Dick got 7 votes, which is worrying

Its educated malicious gossip

BTW does anyone have the results ?

I believe Dr Dick got 7 votes, which is worrying

As I recall - Mrs Christian - 16, Mr Turner 15 or so, Mr Lowey 14, Mr Callister 11, Mrs Crowe 9, Dr Horsenell 7, Mr Graley 5.

Archived