Overflowing Wheelie Bins

JCC

Our bins weren't emptied this week as we had dared to leave some childrens bikes in the way!

A letter has gone to Douglas Corporation and has been promptly ignored

The bin bags are now stacking up in the kitchen . Does anyone have any ideas of who we can speak to to get the situation resolved

Go on a tour of somewhere that has 'bin night' and stack the bags in bins that are already out for collection. Governors Hill tonight is a good one. We have room in our bin... ;)

The binmen up here are suprisingly good. They'll collect the bin and bags next to it. My neighbour put out half a wooden chair last year, and they gathered that up too. I remember where we used to live, if the bin wasn't completely closed tight... (if there was too much in the bin) they wouldn't collect it.

Our bins weren't emptied this week as we had dared to leave some childrens bikes in the way!

The bin bags are now stacking up in the kitchen . Does anyone have any ideas of who we can speak to to get the situation resolved

I don't quite get how you figure your letter has been ignored if your bins weren't emptied this week and you've just sent the letter; its only Tuesday. Anyway try

Douglas corpy refuse enquiries: 696445. Keeping your cool, even if you have to bite your tongue, tends to be the best strategy.

I had an old ironing board in my bin the other week. It was not mine, it had been hanging around for some time. Anyway on collection day it was actually removed from my bin whilst the main contents were actually emptied. Upon my return the old ironing board promplty got dumped on one of the corpy's own backyards, where one day they will have to move it!

I had an old ironing board in my bin the other week. It was not mine, it had been hanging around for some time. Anyway on collection day it was actually removed from my bin whilst the main contents were actually emptied. Upon my return the old ironing board promplty got dumped on one of the corpy's own backyards, where one day they will have to move it!

Congratulations :lol: you have publicly admitted to Fly-tipping and your going prison if they get hold of you......BTW you havent been up the Rushen Mines recently have you ;)

runs away and hides :ph34r:

I have found if the bin is missed the Commisisoners will do their best to get back to it, it only takes a call.

However our bin is seldom full and could sometimes last a fortnight (but it would stink).

Its not too difficult to make sure that your wheely bin isn't overflowing, all you need to do is take out the glass, aluminium, and paper and recycle it, if you have a garden you can run a compost pile too. IMO there's no excuse whatsoever for having stuff outside your bins.

There is also a valid reason for bin men not to lift black bags, I got a nasty cut on my arm when I was moving some black bags at a beach clean a couple of years ago, one of which had broken glass in. I would think twice about lifting any bag not knowing what was in it and can understand why refuse should be inside the bin.

Amenity site, i had the same thing a few weeks ago. Bin men come round our way at 06:00-06:30 so if you forget the night before you stuffed for a week.

I put an old blanket in the boot and double bagged the rubbish. took it down to the site and then ended up going home on a mad cleaning spree and making 2 more trips down to the site!

Edit: pre 09:30 spelling.

Fly tipping at Glen Rushen is popular ;)

I suspect Douglas Corpy might still have the bins contracted out to a 'right shower of shites'. I hate our bin men, the lady next door has an assisted service sticker on her bin, do they ever go to her door to get the bin? oh noooo, I take her bin to the end of the lane for her otherwise it would be left un-emptied. There are other things about the bin men that I hate, their crashing about at stupid o'clock in the mornings, the way they wont take garden rubbish (unless you hide it at the bottom of the bin), the way we end up with peoples bins who live 3 streets away & the 'rubbish police' attitude when you try and sneak a bin wagon killing bit of metal in your bin - FFS its a bin wagon not a bleeding porche. Yeah bin men - they suck.

I remember when we had proper bin men, ones that carried bins on their backs, emptied all the rubbish and were worthy of a tenner at Christmas. All mine are worthy of is a load of cat shit smeared on the bin handle.

Archived