Quarter Of Drivers Pass Test First Time

monasqueen

Quarter of drivers pass test first time

I'm surprised that it's that high a figure.

Driving school car today allowed student to pull out past an obstruction when we were coming up to it on the other side (with right of way). We had to stop.

Some time back, a different driving school car turned right straight across the front of us and caused us to break hard.

If that's the way people are being taught, it's a wonder that any pass the test.

Driving school car today allowed student to pull out past an obstruction when we were coming up to it on the other side (with right of way). We had to stop.

Some time back, a different driving school car turned right straight across the front of us and caused us to break hard.

If that's the way people are being taught, it's a wonder that any pass the test.

You do realise that it's the students driving these cars, not the instructors?

Yes there are dual controls but the instructor can't always prevent the learner from making manouvers like you've just mentioned. I'm sure they're not teaching them to drive like that.

Riiiight, because someone who has never driven a car on the road is going to get everything right first time? You don't get in a car and automatically know how much room to leave someone else or judge what speed they are approaching, you can fail for being too hesitant so some of it is about trial and error.

Newsflash just in - learner drivers aren't very good at driving. Motorists are advised to look out for L plates.

When I was learning, my instructors would never let me get into stupid positions - this was in a big city centre across, where I had lessons at various times of day and in different conditions - rush hour, lunch time, in the dark, on ice.

Usually, nowadays, I find that the driving school cars to look out for are the ones where there is only one occupant.

Oh, and by the way, I passed first time, after only 15 hours worth of lessons. ;)

I passed 2nd time after one hard year of learning on a saturday morning at 8.30, banging hangover and the driving instuctors led zepplin tape on the car stereo. Im so glad I had my mates dad on the 2nd test otherwise i'd have been bolloxed.

That explains a lot! :lol:

Archived