This Week At Full-on!

Busby

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NOT ALOT HAS CHANGED IN THE ISLE OF MAN THEN SAME OLD SAME OLD.WILL YOU BE THINKING ABOUT MAYBE DOING SOMETHING A LITTLE DIFFERENT EVER ON THE ROCK?I LEFT 4 YEARS AGO AND NOTHING HAS CHANGED.SAME DJS EVEN?ARENT THE FEW PEOPLE THAT ARE STILL LEFT BORED WITH THE SCENE NOW OR IS IT ALL THE YOUNGER KIDS WITHOUT A REAL SENSE OR KNOWLEDGE OF MUSIC?SORRY TO BE ON YOUR CASE BUT EVERY TIME I COME BACK TO THE ISLAND THERE IS NEVER ANYTHING IN ANY THE 'CLUBS', CLUBS WELL THATS A JOKE BUT ANYWAY.LAST TIME I WAS ON THE ROCK I WENT TO A PARTY THAT WAS PRIVATELY ORGANISED IN THE RIVERSIDE AND PERSONALLY THE MUSIC WAS BETTER THAN WHAT I HAVE HEARD IN ANY VENUE. OH AND WHATS THE VENUE ABOUT? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SORT OF MUSIC WE USED TO LISTEN TO IN THE ACADEMY, OH THE GOD OLD DAYS..........WHEN THE GODFATHER OF MANX MUSIC USED TO DJ.....................

All I can say is, and its been said before, we are in a commercial club and if we don't get decent numbers in we are history. The fact that we have been running for six years must count for something?

Yes, I've been to nearly all of the Laxey parties. They have all lost money - big style - correct Mo? Yes there were some good nights but there were some VERY dodgy people there too - the likes of who wouldn't get in any Club on the Island. I was personally threatened at one - not an experience I would like to go through again...

So as I say, 'Enjoy what you have' because its only by the grace of God and our loyal supporters, that we are still around, when so many of the others have fallen...

FoF is mainstream and always will be as long as we are in a commercial club. Fact is, its the only formula that works.... in the REAL world!

Looks like I will have to say it myself 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY FULL-ON!' lets have many more...

Many thanks to all those who turned out in such bad weather on Friday to help us celebrate our 6th Birthday ~ I think everyone agreed it was a good night!

As usual, you can check out the main set and pictures here

Enjoy! :D

For those who were at 'House Rules' on Saturday - its a pity it had to close at 2pm because the party was just getting started!

You might enjoy the pictures here..

BTW - 'House Rules' is only in its infancy at the mo and a few more people in would be a big help to keep the night going. You know what they say - 'use it or lose it' B)

Yes, I've been to nearly all of the Laxey parties. They have all lost money - big style - correct Mo? Yes there were some good nights but there were some VERY dodgy people there too - the likes of who wouldn't get in any Club on the Island. I was personally threatened at one - not an experience I would like to go through again...

Not at one of my nights though, we'd already established that hadn't we. We wouldn't let in the riff raff.

Yes, they lost money, no matter who or what was out there, amazing venue and sound system, but the location proved too much. It was a very costly exercise putting on a party out there, and putting on a coach would've sent the cost way over the top of anyones budget. Although Electrofresh was extremely successful out there, punters won't travel to go out anymore, which is madness when you think of the lengths clubbers in the UK go to to go out.

What i said up there/\/\/\/\was not a slight on FOF, not at all, it was a reference to Obnoxville's post, which exemplified everything that Breezes punters are given a bad name for.

As for House Rules, i've applied for a slot, but am yet to receive a reply. In this lull of the clubscene over here, i think its the promoters responsibility to try and do something about it, try different things, add a bit of excitement to a scene thats badly in need of some variety, and not just the same tired old sounds that've been pumping out for years. People don't go out so much because the last time they went out, it was exactly the same as the time before that, i know thats how i and my circle of friends feel anyway.

Happy birthday though, awesome achievment.

In this lull of the clubscene over here, i think its the promoters responsibility to try and do something about it, try different things, add a bit of excitement to a scene thats badly in need of some variety, and not just the same tired old sounds that've been pumping out for years. People don't go out so much because the last time they went out, it was exactly the same as the time before that, i know thats how i and my circle of friends feel anyway.

Happy birthday though, awesome achievment.

Thanks for the happy birthday mate.

I think we are missing the point here somewhere. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I will help anyone put a night on - anywhere all you need to do is ask! But [and here is the crunch line] you cannot put on a night for a small group of people who are into say, D&B or HipHop, Techno or, whatever in a commercial night club. Its never going to happen. Because, there simply aren't enough people who are into the music to make it viable. I'm sorry, but staff have to be paid and club owners want a return - fact of life, end of story.

People will say, and do say, there is no scene over here. That's just not true. People have tried to create a scene but your average punter doesn't want to know. Check out the queues outside Colours every week-end. Anyone could put on a night if they really want to.

Book a room, print some tickets and tell all your friends. If its what they want they will come. If its really successfull, then you can try and convince someone to let you put a night on - that's what we did! and look where that got us...

As for 'House Rules'... The night has only just started. The room is nice, the music is quality, but check out the queue down the road, as I said. You can't afford to mess about with the music - ie change the whole style you trying to establish, when you are trying to get on your feet.

Let's all pull together and make what we can of the local scene. Diversification is good - but let's live in the real world - please?

BTW - 'House Rules' is only in its infancy at the mo and a few more people in would be a big help to keep the night going. You know what they say - 'use it or lose it' B)

As for House Rules, i've applied for a slot, but am yet to receive a reply. In this lull of the clubscene over here, i think its the promoters responsibility to try and do something about it, try different things, add a bit of excitement to a scene thats badly in need of some variety, and not just the same tired old sounds that've been pumping out for years. People don't go out so much because the last time they went out, it was exactly the same as the time before that, i know thats how i and my circle of friends feel anyway.

As for 'House Rules'... The night has only just started. The room is nice, the music is quality, but check out the queue down the road, as I said. You can't afford to mess about with the music - ie change the whole style you trying to establish, when you are trying to get on your feet.

I think you can, i think the island needs it, the people down the road aren't the ones you're trying to pull in, its the crowds that have been lost because of the stale situation. Its a blinkered view to think that DJ's can't adapt to fit in to a situation and educate a crowd, whilst also keeping a full dancefloor. There's hundreds of people out there who just don't go out any more, i've been involved in the scene over here for nearly 17 years, and i've never seen it in such a shambles, it saddens me.

Not moaning so much as wanting to push the scene. Need a backer to put something on just now, its not easy and its expensive. Also, i don't think enough is being done by the promoters of the existing nights, to educate. Plus whats wrong with having a varied night, all under 1 roof, it'd certainly make for a more exciting evening. People are being alienated by music policies, and as such have stopped going out altogether.

Perfect example coming up this weekend, someone i know's birthday, all the people that are going are ravers. Where are they going for it?

The Rovers, to a band night, because they aren't into the music anywhere else, there'll be more than 50 people there. And they're all just mates of a mate, not even my direct circle of friends. Am i alone in wanting the scene to build?

Archived